Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State of the Union Speech

Default State of the Union Speech

Who watched this last night? I don't usually watch those kind of things but with this election year I'm trying to be more involved (even though I won't be able to vote until the next go around). I enjoyed it, and found myself clapping on more than one occasion...now I know this (by the laws of nature) will turn into some kind of debate, so let's keep it clean and mature eh?

It's not a show, it was a speech that the President of the US gave last night during prime time. It's just a speech that talks about immigration, the war, taxes, etc.

I didn't watch it, but Bush does make some good speeches for how stupid he apparently is.

He doesn't make them, he has speech writers, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that he didn't mess up too many times. There was some pretty powerful stuff in there, and it was hilarious to see the room divided in half when he would make a very republican-biased statement and half the room was standing and applauding while the other was sitting quietly.

He does, but he also has some input on what goes in. Otherwise we'd have a case like Ron Burgandy.

Customizer

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    I didn't watch it, but Bush does make some good speeches for how stupid he apparently is.
    Nawww, really? He keeps hyping his "No Child Left Retarded Act," but I have typed out such tests before for database application for school districts. The tests are BORING and lame. Dubuya is so fake and stupid it is flabbergasting. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    He does, but he also has some input on what goes in. Otherwise we'd have a case like Ron Burgandy.
    True, he does go through and make some adjustments...

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Nawww, really? He keeps hyping his "No Child Left Retarded Act," but I have typed out such tests before for database application for school districts. The tests are BORING and lame. Dubuya is so fake and stupid it is flabbergasting. O_O
    Yay controversy!