Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X men coming June 3rd

Default X men coming June 3rd

Wanted to get your thoughts on this. I'm undecided on a prequel.

if its anything like xmen origins then its a pass for me

I definitely think it's worth being excited about, even if it's hard to get a sense of what the movie will be like from the trailer. Hopefully others will come out that'll actually show some of the movie's plot though. Anyway, the main reason I'm excited for it happens to be the director. He did Layer Cake, an excellent movie about british drug dealers that featured daniel craig; stardust, a fantasy movie based on a neil gaiman book, and then Kick-Ass, the superhero movie that came out just the other year. Given the quality of the director's earlier material, and the fact that Bryan Singer wrote it has me very optimistic.

I only recently asked Sir Ian Mckelllen*whether he would be doing any more of the XMEN films. He said no
    He came to my school if anyones wondering how I met him.

Butterfly Mage

When you're down to writing prequels, you're basically out of ideas. I can't think of a single prequel in any genre that was any good.

Eh. I might go to see it on the cheap, but I'm rather miffed at the lineup. The only ORIGINAL X-Man making an appearance is The Beast... Who's cool, don't get me wrong, but if it's the "first class", then it should be the original 5 X-Men: The Beast, Cyclops, Angel, Iceman and Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)

Quote Originally Posted by Mukirr View Post
    Eh. I might go to see it on the cheap, but I'm rather miffed at the lineup. The only ORIGINAL X-Man making an appearance is The Beast... Who's cool, don't get me wrong, but if it's the "first class", then it should be the original 5 X-Men: The Beast, Cyclops, Angel, Iceman and Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)
    I'd like to see something of this nature as well but they've cocked up the history so deeply in the timeline of those movies that it wouldn't make sense. I enjoyed the first two by not thinking about the places where they changed things for reasons which elude me. Maybe some day they'll be able to start fresh and be less embarassed about it.

this will be the one time Harry Potter has more action the X-men. kind of funny...

Anyways I might check it out but im not expecting anything good after the crapfest that was Wolverine.

I honestly think there is no possible way to drag out Xmen any longer.

Sometimes there is just a requirement to give up after a while, when they release new-repetitious titles for the money.