Thread: Moving

Default Moving

So my parents are moving to Penn this fall and rather than the normal 3 months to put our house on the market we have 3 weeks and we have gotten a lot done and are nearing the finish line on the 30th but my Dad is pissed all the time freaking out at me because I have a job that I work 9.5 hours a day 7 days a week and I can't take off that much. Plus I am going to WVU this fall. But is my Dad right to be pissed that I can't take off from the job he told me to get and not be mad at my brother who didn't get a job and can help? Any advice on how to get him to stop being a dick? And lastly are there any Dls at WVU or near Roundtop in PA

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    So my parents are moving to Penn this fall and rather than the normal 3 months to put our house on the market we have 3 weeks and we have gotten a lot done and are nearing the finish line on the 30th but my Dad is pissed all the time freaking out at me because I have a job that I work 9.5 hours a day 7 days a week and I can't take off that much. Plus I am going to WVU this fall. But is my Dad right to be pissed that I can't take off from the job he told me to get and not be mad at my brother who didn't get a job and can help? Any advice on how to get him to stop being a dick? And lastly are there any Dls at WVU or near Roundtop in PA

I know someone at WVU...But I'm not going there

Moving is very stressful, and for you dad it could be more than he can handel right now, is your job really that important that you can't take off time to help out with the moving stuff.
    Afterall you won't be working there if you moving to this god awful state. ( I live there I know) up north near scranton.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Moving is very stressful, and for you dad it could be more than he can handel right now, is your job really that important that you can't take off time to help out with the moving stuff.
    Afterall you won't be working there if you moving to this god awful state. ( I live there I know) up north near scranton.
    You act like I'm not moving too because I am, I just choose to handle it better. And this man does need stress management classes

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    moving to this god awful state. ( I live there I know) up north near scranton.
    What is wrong with Pennsylvania? I have family in Lancaster & York, I LOVE the state of Pennsylvania!! After all, the USA was founded within the state of PA, so again I ask, what is wrong with Pennsylvania?

I love PA too, but then again, I don't live there.

Well, as others said, moving is really stressful, and different people handle stress differently. Your dad may also be scared about selling the house. This is a really crappy time to be selling, particularly if you're near DC where housing costs are so high.

Anyway, just tell your dad what you told us, in a nice way. "Dad, you told me to get a job, so I got one, and it requires long hours. I think it's unfair that you're mad at me for not helping more but not mad at [insert brother's name here] when he doesn't have a job. I'm doing the best I can." And show your dad that you're trying...don't be lying on the couch watching TV when everyone else is running around packing.

And lastly are there any Dls at WVU or near Roundtop in PA

I live by Roundtop, if you want send me a PM. I'm always up to meeting new people. And by the way, PA SUCKS.

[QUOTE=Dave;61053]You act like I'm not moving too because I am.

Oh, and you bought the house, arranged the financeing, changed jobs, all while paying the bills feeding kids and trying to hold it together, not to mention a thousand other things that may be on his mind, lke the price of gas, cost of health care etc.

I don't think it too much to ask for your help, and Pa does suck, I have lived here all of my life, and way past being a teen, and past any other age groupe mostly found here.

[QUOTE=ballucanb;61250]

You act like I'm not moving too because I am.

Oh, and you bought the house, arranged the financeing, changed jobs, all while paying the bills feeding kids and trying to hold it together, not to mention a thousand other things that may be on his mind, lke the price of gas, cost of health care etc.

I don't think it too much to ask for your help, and Pa does suck, I have lived here all of my life, and way past being a teen, and past any other age groupe mostly found here.
    It's not too much for him to ask for my help but just because he is stressed doesn't give him the right to be a dick to me all the time.