Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: too young or incontinence?

Default too young or incontinence?

i am a 20 year old male
    kinda healthy..............kinda. average diet bla bla bla
    but anyway, each day is different sometimes i have to go really bad and cant go. (this is all #1) others it just...................goes whenever! and others it goes and goes and goes. and as of today i now wear underjams diapers 24/7 just incase.

i refuse to go to the doctors. needles, waiting forever, cold air, money, needles and just bad childhood experiences.....................with needles.

anyone else in the same boat?
    is there a simple non invasive way to fix this?

p.s. ive always loved wearing diapers from time to time, and for now on i always will, but "INCONTINENCE"?

See a doctor. There is no other way to figure out what it is and how to fix it.

Definitely see a doctor. If you alternate between not being able to go at all, and not being able to prevent yourself going, it suggests that you might have issues with one of your two urinary sphincters. That, unfortunately, may mean surgery.

Butterfly Mage

It sounds like a UTI. The fix for that is neither painful nor invasive. You really should see a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    It sounds like a UTI. The fix for that is neither painful nor invasive. You really should see a doctor.
    Point. But that usually causes pain and cloudy urine. I'd have thought he'd have noticed that.

I had a thrush/UTI thingie that made me urge incontinent but didn't really hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    it doesnt burn, not even cloudy or smell bad.
    thats mostly uti right?

crazykittensmile

Nobody on adisc is qualified to do any more than speculate and hypothesise over what may be causing this incontinence, or how it may be treated.

You need to go and see a doctor. It is certainly not usual for a healthy 20-year-old to be developing incontinence and this should not be something you just ignore or deal with in your own way (eg: with diapers) without first seeking a medical opinion. Only a doctor can examine you and try to find a cause, and hopefully a treatment, for this. Nobody on this forum can tell you whether there is a simple or non-invasive treatment for this, because without a full medical check-up by a trained doctor nobody knows the cause of your incontinence and other problems with urinating.

Going to the doctor may be embarrassing and may be a little scary, but it is necessary that you get this checked out. Furthermore, the longer that you delay seeking medical treatment the worse the problem may become. This may be something treatable, and if so it is important that it is caught now. Generally when medical problems are caught early treatment is more successful and less invasive and long-term damage is reduced. If you wait six months for the problem to become unmanageable or unbearable before seeking treatment, you may find the doctor says, "Well, if you'd come to us six months ago you would have just needed to do some pelvic floor exercises and take these antibiotics, but I'm afraid now the problem has worsened to the extent that the only option is surgery."

For those reasons I would suggest you book a doctor's appointment asap, and hopefully they can help you to manage this problem. Good luck.