Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on going and sticking to 24/7?

Default Advice on going and sticking to 24/7?

I tried, at the beginning of the new year to go 24/7, as I've been wanting to for some time... I made it a week before I stopped, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on this matter. I'm hoping to give it another shot pretty soon.

I am wearing 24/7 for medical reasons.

Issues this is causing me at the moment:-

1. The cost - approx 20 every 2 weeks
    2. Nappy rash
    3. The need to have a changing bag with me at at all times

I am personally getting used to it.

I guess I can think of a few things that might be of help.
    1, Make sure that if it's not something you have to do, make sure it's something your sure you want to do.
    2, I know it's something your likely to hide a little but don't go around thinking what if people knows. Most won't notice and even more simply won't care.
    3, If there is anyone you think you should let know about it, telling them may make the process much easier but at the same time wild stories and things that aren't real tend not to work very well and could even get you in trouble.
    4, Of course, have fun with it!

It is definitely something I want to do, it's just kinda difficult to stick to it. :/ As for being concerned about people knowing, I've thankfully made it past that stage. And the only person I care about knows that I was trying to and plan to try again, so we're good on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinent17 View Post
    I am wearing 24/7 for medical reasons.

Issues this is causing me at the moment:-

1. The cost - approx 20 every 2 weeks
    2. Nappy rash
    3. The need to have a changing bag with me at at all times

I am personally getting used to it.
    If you don't mind my asking, What do you keep in your changing bag, and how close do you keep it?

I suppose it would be worth adding as well, that I already wear at night due to intermittent bedwetting.
    Last edited by Dakken; 12-Feb-2011 at 22:12.

Well, I 24/7 for the entirety of my summer break, and have since the summer before 9th grade, and I just give myself the occasional break day where I allow myself to use the toilet. Other than that, it's a matter of willpower. Having a friend who's either doing it as well or a friend kind of playing the care giver role, or even just a friend who knows what you're doing and is cool discussing it with you helps a lot, as well.

Best of luck to ya Drakken, I've got your back if you need an extra push to stick with it.

theres nothing wrong with breaks, go at your own pace.
    you eat subway for a week then you want chic-fil-a. nothing wrong with that
    as for me, im becoming more dependent on my diapers. incontinence :S

Done it for a week on occasion but I can only do that if I'm not working. There's no way I'd wear to an office environment if I was using them. They smell. Even if you think they don't (you get used to it), they really do and people do notice. Same would go with a school if you are still at school or college.

The other thing is the restrictions it places on you. Doing anything active in particular can be difficult. Even going for a walk can cause rubbing and nasty blisters.

Having to be cautious about leaks is another thing. Just wearing and wetting as you need to is fine, but they still can leak even if not full, especially if you are sitting. Imagine sitting on a seat somewhere public thinking you're okay but a little wet, get up and big wet patch on the seat. That means you need to change more frequently than you'd think, which gets inconvenient and expensive.

And for the love of god, don't poop in public!

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Done it for a week on occasion but I can only do that if I'm not working. There's no way I'd wear to an office environment if I was using them. They smell. Even if you think they don't (you get used to it), they really do and people do notice. Same would go with a school if you are still at school or college.

The other thing is the restrictions it places on you. Doing anything active in particular can be difficult. Even going for a walk can cause rubbing and nasty blisters.

Having to be cautious about leaks is another thing. Just wearing and wetting as you need to is fine, but they still can leak even if not full, especially if you are sitting. Imagine sitting on a seat somewhere public thinking you're okay but a little wet, get up and big wet patch on the seat. That means you need to change more frequently than you'd think, which gets inconvenient and expensive.

I've run into the issue of wearing at work already when I manged my week in them, It's a little difficult to wear at work when you're a Dotcom associate for Walmart, walking across the whole store all day in a rather large store. As for messing in public, I don't, I don't think many would appreciate the smell since I know I don't lol.

OmegaOne

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse
    Seconded. Other than that, as long as you can afford it, go for it and good luck!