Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just got some depends for the first time need help.

Default I just got some depends for the first time need help.

I bought them last night and they are the maximum protection kind. The only two other diapers I have tried are the bambino teddys and molicare super plus so these are a step down for sure. I am wondering how I can double them up to make them thicker advice is helpful.

I found that when I've used padding it only makes it more likely to spring a leak!

One thing I've tried with store diapers like depend is put baby diapers insider them.

Buy a pack of Huggies size 6 overnight diapers. Tear off the sides of the baby diaper (the leak guard and tabs) so that you just have a pad. Then GENTLY pull apart the top of your depend...so that the top plastic separates from the inner liner. This will expose the inner absorbent material... All you do then is stuff your "pad" into the pocket in the depend. (you could even put two in).

This results in a thicker diaper that is much more absorbent and less portions to leaks than doubling the larger diaper. Also the huggies overnights swell a ton...

Good luck

Depend also makes inserts (I think they are called Depend Boost) that you could try out. Another options would be to literally double them up by making small puncture marks all over the outer plastic of one of them and wear that with another over it.

Grab a razor cutter or a knife. Grab one diaper, unfold it, and spread it out. Grab another, unfold it, and use the razor cutter to make small slits in the plastic. Repeat with as many diapers as you care to wear at one time.

Then, put on the cut diapers. Put on the uncut diaper as the final, outer layer. The slits will allow liquid to get through the plastic into the next diaper.

From personal experience with Depends, that trick only works until the fourth diaper. From there, you'll leak before you get to the fifth diaper.

Enjoy!

I am wet mine one or twice and then change them after feel. They need change I don't wear long hour to two hour tops depending on the place I'm at. They're not made to flood them, you should change after least hour tops after using a diaper like said unless you got no choice to change where you are at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    I am wet mine one or twice and then change them after feel. They need change I don't wear long hour to two hour tops depending on the place I'm at. They're not made to flood them, you should change after least hour tops after using a diaper like said unless you got no choice to change where you are at the time.
    the bitch is that Depends are damn near useless as diapers. In my case, a Depend or one of those thin cloth-like Attends literally cannot hold up to one wetting. It's not a question of me flooding them. I'm just a heavy wetter, heavy enough that an Abena X-Plus does not always hold up through the night for me (part of why I love cloth so much).

So yeah, changing often is good, but the diaper needs to hold up though a wetting regardless.

Thanks for the help I am wearing a doubled one right now it's working a lot better.

[QUOTEthe bitch is that Depends are damn near useless as diapers. In my case, a Depend or one of those thin cloth-like Attends literally cannot hold up to one wetting. It's not a question of me flooding them. I'm just a heavy wetter, heavy enough that an Abena X-Plus does not always hold up through the night for me (part of why I love cloth so much).

So yeah, changing often is good, but the diaper needs to hold up through a wetting regardless. ][/QUOTE]

Yes the abena x-plus are fine but thick and don't want everyone know a wear diaper or not be able to wear thin pants at all and the diaper got double tap what is not good for someone with small waist once place little blue taps it only place retape it so if get wrong first it no good. Least with depend or any diaper without you can place tapes anywhere if mess up on them like got redo the tape on my waist and leg opening too. So That why use depends and wing choice or any other normal tape brand. Baby's diaper is not as thick as one your talking about a lot company made thin and get larger as they are wet them. Furthermore, I'm heavy wetter to, and they work fine for what I need, I change offending, and you don't want to sit in wet diaper long anyway the acid from uranin will eat at skin if you do. Why do you thick mother does diaper check once aunt knew her kid was wet no matter what amount. They were a change a right way it is not good to be in one long? My mother nurse aid that my mom rule when wear this she will get mad if sit in one long at wetting, she used to be always on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    One thing I've tried with store diapers like depend is put baby diapers insider them.

Buy a pack of Huggies size 6 overnight diapers. Tear off the sides of the baby diaper (the leak guard and tabs) so that you just have a pad. Then GENTLY pull apart the top of your depend...so that the top plastic separates from the inner liner. This will expose the inner absorbent material... All you do then is stuff your "pad" into the pocket in the depend. (you could even put two in).

This results in a thicker diaper that is much more absorbent and less portions to leaks than doubling the larger diaper. Also the huggies overnights swell a ton...

Good luck
    Exactly this....