Thread: Diapers too large?

Question Diapers too large?

About a month ago I purchased my first diapers online, Abena x-plus size small. I wear size 30/30 levi's jeans, so I thought I would be above the middle of the stated measurements (24-31 inch waist/hips.) Well, I forgot that I am pretty far underweight. So the leg tabs end up going a tiny bit too far, which means they get too close to the absorbent part. If I stick them to it, it eventually tears the fluffy inside of the diaper which leads to clumping. I'm guessing this means the diapers are too large for me.

Has anyone else experienced this with diapers that were too big? Any suggestions on what to do? The best thing I've figured out is to try to keep the leg tabs on the inside of the leg-holes.

I'm also wondering if maybe molicares would be just a tad smaller than abenas? Since the low end of the small range is lower at just 20". Which is actually the same as the low end of the abena extra smalls, which are my other option for next time.

Any insight anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Loopygone

It sounds like you're taping them far far too tight. I know quite a few people who tape it to the absorbent part and it just doesn't tear like you say. Remember, you want a snug fit, not a super tight fit.

The nappy is only really too large if the tapes are over lapping. If they aren't then it should be fine, and tbh you sound like the perfect size for them.

Yep, tape them snugly, not tight enough to cut off circulation

Any looser and they leak
    I ordered some small molicares, hopefully they'll fit my body type better.

I've found the top tapes on the diapers that fit me well all end up with the end of the tape being about where the wing padding meets the top

Apply the tapes in a higher position. You may be applying the tapes too low. The topmost tapes should be applied above the area where the 'fluff' is, basically applied directly on the waistband. The bottommost tapes should be applied above the area where your skin folds to define where your legs meet your crotch. That's the best I have to offer. Other than that, you could go back to goodnites without having much sizing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Apply the tapes in a higher position. You may be applying the tapes too low. The topmost tapes should be applied above the area where the 'fluff' is, basically applied directly on the waistband. The bottommost tapes should be applied above the area where your skin folds to define where your legs meet your crotch. That's the best I have to offer. Other than that, you could go back to goodnites without having much sizing issues.
    Yes, I do put the top tapes like that, it is definitely the optimum position. And if I understand what you meant about the bottom tapes, that's what I try to do, only the tabs go so far around my leg. And I don't think I want to go back to goodnites again, they fit great but they're not absorbent enough and I heard the new ones aren't as crinkly. I've got molicares coming, so hopefully they'll be just a tiny bit smaller.