Thread: Wearing to work

Question Wearing to work

I'm guessing this is really for people in employment but may also be relevant to people still in education.

I wear diapers almost 24/7 now - this means wearing to work. Having to wear a very formal business suit and not really having enough money to buy new baggier trousers I sometimes feel very self conscious when I get a little swollen up!

I change in the toilets and carry my changing bag in a rucksack and use scented diaper bags to get rid of the wet ones.

i sometimes wish I could just tell my boss or human resources about the problem but then I fear that people will either fuss too much or make fun of me!

I would love to hear your experiences of diapers at work and not just from incontinent folk like me but from AB / DLs.

I hope that all makes sense!
    Last edited by Incontinent17; 09-Feb-2011 at 17:22. Reason: typo

I don't know about the UK but I'd imagine it's similar... In the US Human Resources departments are required to adhere to strict confidentiality rules. As an incontinent person you would fall under the laws protecting the disabled.

That said, what do you hope to accomplish by telling them... is there an accomodation you wish them to provide or do you want to lessen the blow if they discover your needs by accident? I wouldn't suggest treating a boss or employer like a friend looking for support, but it is reasonable to ask for a larger trash can or a more private bathroom be made available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jtall66 View Post
    I don't know about the UK but I'd imagine it's similar... In the US Human Resources departments are required to adhere to strict confidentiality rules. As an incontinent person you would fall under the laws protecting the disabled.

That said, what do you hope to accomplish by telling them... is there an accomodation you wish them to provide or do you want to lessen the blow if they discover your needs by accident? I wouldn't suggest treating a boss or employer like a friend looking for support, but it is reasonable to ask for a larger trash can or a more private bathroom be made available to you.
    Thanks, I think the main reason I would like them to know is to preempt any potential accident and changing in the toilets is not all that fun.

I wear to work, not 24/7, but I do wear. I carry my stuff in a traditional hard sided briefcase or my messenger bag, and I change in the wheelchair-accessible stall in the restroom.

As for telling anyone, I wouldn't, unless it was a trusted colleague that's wondering why you're taking your briefcase or bag with you to the restroom. Beyond that, at least in the US, the law protects you (theoretically) against discrimination for a disability. In the corporate world (I work at a Fortune 100 company), most people are mature enough to leave it alone, and those that aren't can be reported to human resources, and no one wants that. You telling people isn't really necessary in 99 percent of the cases, and there's no reason to bother with it unless you're hindered in changing or doing your work because of impediments related to needing diapers.

If anyone does ever catch you, just tell them you have a disability and leave it at that. Like I said, in the corporate world everyone is usually very mindful a d respectful of each other. Companies work very hard to foster inclusive environments, and if nothing else most people fear dealing with HR.
    Last edited by GoldDragonAurkarm; 09-Feb-2011 at 20:56.

At work people probably are so absorbed in their work that they would not even notices. I started to wear to work also, just because I am more comfortable in diapers (I don't wet at work) and so far no one has said anything or even looked at me "funny" so I am sure they don't notice, or if they did they have not said anything.

Also I would not worry about the sound, first it is probably louder in our ears, and failing that (well where I work) people have head phones on and plugged into their iPods (or simulator devices)

I would advise against telling your employer. I have had people that work for me tell me some their personal concerns in the past. If it doesn't affect your work and there is no way that I can help you, then there is no real reason for me to know. It can often just make work relationship weird. There are just some things I don't want to know about my employees

On the other hand, if there is a way that your employer can make things easier for you then you should bring it to their attention.

I am a dl and have worn my diapers to work but its a bit awkward as i wear cloth; and cant stop from wetting them;theres no way i can lie down somewhere to change myself as im a tradesman and sometimes the only toilet is a portable one; so have to stay in wet nappies all day which get wetter every time i pee; so dont do it very often only if im working alone.

I had a slight diaper disaster today - the back of my lils spilt open leaving a whole load of White fluff over my trousers and all around my groin. Not fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinent17 View Post
    I had a slight diaper disaster today - the back of my lils spilt open leaving a whole load of White fluff over my trousers and all around my groin. Not fun!
    Yikes!

My worst episode in diapers ever was actually at work. I was wearing an Abena, and since I always pull them out of the package and stack them in my diaper closet, I didn't realize I had a defective one. I wet it, and it was weepy enough that I might as well have not been wearing a diaper. I was wearing khakis, and I have to pass a coworker to get out of my office area. Of course, this also happened at about 10 a.m. I wound up staying at my desk holding it in for dear life waiting for my pants to dry out. I wound up dumping about half a cup of coffee on myself to cover up both the smell and the wet spot.

That was a long fucking day of work.

I've been wearing to work most days recently, and I usually down a quart of water around 2pm and end up wetting on the way home in the car. Not sure why, but I must have had more liquid in my system than usual, as by 4pm it was obvious I wasn't going to be able to hold it till 6. So spent the last few hours in a somewhat wet diaper, for the first time at work. Wasn't anywhere near the problem I was considering it might be. Was very hard to avoid a flood on the way home tho....