Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Bullet

Smile Baby Bullet

Ok... have you heard of the Magic Bullet blending machine?

I hate infomercials but last night I was rather intrigued with the new baby bullet!

The Original Baby Bullet

It is soooo cute. It purees big people foods so that babies have healthy foods instead of the crap that is on the shelves in stores!

Now I know some do not like baby food and I don't care for much of it at all... but every once in awhile I want to be more baby than normal and have some. But it is yuck and gross....

and I know that you could get a blender to do this... but this system issssssssssss sooooo verrry cute like I said!

Check the link out!

Of course, I am not paying that price!

I immediately thought of something far more grotesque and disturbing when I read "Baby bullet."

I think I like this definition better. That said, it's still a blender and I wouldn't pay any more for it than I would a regular blender.

But...but Maytricks and Maddie...it has a FACE! It's always happy to see you! That's worth the extra $60!

I'm kidding. I like the idea, but $80 for a glorified blender? No way. All of this 'make your own baby food' stuff is baffling to me. I mean...what did people think babies used to eat back before Gerber? They just magically went from milk to eating fried chicken. :P

My mom had to do use a thing like this with my youngest brother, or my sister. One of them couldn't eat carrots, and you'd be amazed how much of the processed baby food has carrots in it, regardless of what "flavour" it is.

It's the same way with a lot of stuff, Zephiel. They put apples into a lot of stuff. Especially juices. I think they use it as a sort of filler. It's annoying if it's something you're allergic to though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maytricks View Post
    I immediately thought of something far more grotesque and disturbing when I read "Baby bullet."
    Thank god I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    It's the same way with a lot of stuff, Zephiel. They put apples into a lot of stuff. Especially juices. I think they use it as a sort of filler. It's annoying if it's something you're allergic to though.
    A lot of juice blends will say, if you look at the label, apple and/or pear and/or grape juice, or something like that. They pick whichever is cheapest at that time of year, then add a bit of a much more expensive juice for flavour, like mango or whatever. These juices are all fairly neutral in flavour, so they blend well with stronger juices.

Quote Originally Posted by komodo View Post
    A lot of juice blends will say, if you look at the label, apple and/or pear and/or grape juice, or something like that. They pick whichever is cheapest at that time of year, then add a bit of a much more expensive juice for flavour, like mango or whatever. These juices are all fairly neutral in flavour, so they blend well with stronger juices.
    Yes, I understand why they do it. It allows them to make the more expensive stuff go further. The same way that people sometimes mix bread crumbs into hamburgers to stretch the meat so that it feeds more people with less.

We had some Strawberry/Banana juice and it just tasted like strawberries. It was mostly apple juice though. It doesn't bother me, I love apples.

I am not saying I would buy it... but I do think its cute... and I do know people (older) who would give in and buy anything they saw on tv!

But I also know that (being from the south) that not all babies ate commercial bought baby food! I have one xinlaw, I guess you would say lol... that the grandmother fed the grandson all table food from the time he was able to eat baby food... to say the least he is a huge kid... he's about 9 now but even as a toddler, he was huge!

But I do think it is so cute... and I am won over much of the time by cute stuff!

But I am not stupid enough to spend that much on a blender.

I would order it look neat I love Gerber's banana and others but price is crazy I would love to have one of this. You could make whole dinner or lunch with this thing I wonder how pizza would taste lol.