Thread: Oh I LOVE my new toy!!!!!

Default Oh I LOVE my new toy!!!!!

I got me a new toy given to me by my parents. Usually, things of the like go to my youngest sister, the baby of the family but this time, since my laptop has been on the fritz, my parents gave me my mom's extra netbook!!!!!!

I love the thing! It's got more power, more memory and the sucker is more powerful than my laptop. However, my laptop will still be my primary computer as I use that a lot.

My netbook will be my portable device. God, I love having a backup computer finally that won't be so outdate that when it was popular- SHUDDER- It was 1997! The old backup still uses Windows 98!

WildThing121675

From looking at the title, I got the impression your new "toy" might have meant a vibrating purple phallus. I must stop jumping to conclusions like that. Specs?

Well, it's Windows XP, a 1.66GHz processor, 1 GB Memory, 160GB hard drive, and a better battery than my laptop. GOD, I love how fast this sucker is.

My mom's new one has Windows 7, but I don't care.... I just am glad to have a backup computer so I can continue with my writings and what have you.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Well, it's Windows XP, a 1.66GHz processor, 1 GB Memory, 160GB hard drive, and a better battery than my laptop. GOD, I love how fast this sucker is.

My mom's new one has Windows 7, but I don't care.... I just am glad to have a backup computer so I can continue with my writings and what have you.

WildThing121675
    those are horrible specs by today's standards. It would be good for word processing, basic online broswing, and possibly able to run itunes and firefox at the same time.. if your lucky.

if you want a good netbook and can save up 300-500 dollars. I'd highly suggest something with a intel dual core atom, 2GB's of ram and windows 7 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Seems good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    those are horrible specs by today's standards. It would be good for word processing, basic online broswing, and possibly able to run itunes and firefox at the same time.. if your lucky.

if you want a good netbook and can save up 300-500 dollars. I'd highly suggest something with a intel dual core atom, 2GB's of ram and windows 7 on it.
    I'm somehow able to run iTunes, Halo: CE, X-Fire, and Chrome all at once with my HP Mini with a standard Atom with 1GB of RAM...interesting. Added that with the Intel graphics overclock. Without it even flinching.

Only con is that I'm not a huge fan of XP anymore, but I'm not wiling to get Vista or 7.

I was planning to get I think it was the newer 110 with the dualie Atom, but I had just bought mine...so I figured heck no.

Greencat5

well i got the new cr-48 from google and its my main because my laptop has 0 bat time its totally dead :P

I have a gaming laptop that still can't play GTA IV without lag. I also have a netbook which I use at school. windows XP was able to run on 256m memory, so 1gb should be plenty of ram for you.

I have two laptops also, a Dell Precision M4300 Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz, 2gb RAM, Nvidia 256mb graphics card and a roughly 100gb HDD. Does it's job of watching movies, running emulators and going online well. Also have a Toshiba L300 with a Celeron 2GHz, 1gb RAM, Intel graphics and a 120gb HDD which is pretty beat up and I just use it for school and travelling around. I agree it's always good to have a backup.

Also, that netbook is pretty sad, so your laptop must be REALLY sad. Just making assumptions though.

Well, being that I am on a fixed income and can't afford a lot of the new high-tech toys that come down the pike like some people can, I am glad to have what I have. My laptop is probably a small notch below my netbook, but useable. My laptop is five years old, and not state of the art. It still runs XP, it still does the job, so I am not going to complain. Computers are pricey if you want modern ones, but I can't afford alot so I will take what I can get.

I look at it this way, I am just glad to have what I do.

WildThing121675