Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what good diaper for full incontinence

Default what good diaper for full incontinence

I wear for both bladder and bowel incontinence, I use Kendall's wing choice plus but don't hold up well for my use because heavy wetter. I was wonder if other could point out a good diaper with better protecting. I don't have the money for bambino this is billed through my medicaid because it is medical.

I can get any diaper I want but one I sold in the united states and also don't like one with blue landing strip where tapes go on there not good for small waist.

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    I wear for both bladder and bowel incontinence, I use Kendall's wing choice plus but don't hold up well for my use because heavy wetter. I was wonder if other could point out a good diaper with better protecting. I don't have the money for bambino this is billed through my medicaid because it is medical.

I can get any diaper I want but one I sold in the united states and also don't like one with blue landing strip where tapes go on there not good for small waist.
    I say you should get abenas x-plus

Here is a link
    http://www.xpmedical.com/abriform.html

AndrewThatsMyName

Yeah, Abenas will hold anything...

I saw that but I don't like how you only can place it where the blue landing strip is instead being able to adjust it were ever on the diaper where I got a small waist like 31 or 32 it is not good to have the diaper with that has the blue landing strip with the tab you put it on.

indybaby12

try Abriform X-plus

They got the blue landing strip most there diaper do .

Try unique wellness Adult Diapers: Adult Briefs, Driest Adult Diaper, Incontinence, Ultra Dry Brief Sold Online. Their sizing is a bit different, there's a sm/med that goes up to 34 waist so you'll not be taping in the middle. The aborbancy is really good with not a lot of unnecessary bulk. They have a sample two pack for $1.99 if you just want to try them out. The plastic backing is different than others, it's not as soft but it's strong so it doesn't need landing strips. The tapes are double for re-sticking. I'm really happy with them. I know some of the older reviews are before a recent renovation so if you look for other reports make sure the date is recent. I'm a heavy wetter too and they stand up well.

If your billing them through Medicaid they most of the time restrcit you to a certain amount per diaper some are like for medium diapers .50 cents per diaper you may want to check to see if your state has this first.

Those are not landing strips, those are "double tapes". They are there so you can refasten them if you don't get it right the first time or have to take it off, but still want to wear it. I would really suggest the Abena Abriform X-plus.

You said a 'blue landing area', did you mean blue tapes or blue/other wetness indicators? It sounded like you mean the 're-tapes' but those don't mean if you re-tape you have to put the backup white on on the blue (that would make it a 'landing area'?) I'm also curious why (if its what you are saying) the blue tapes aren't good for your size. You just don't like the color? Have you tried them before? If so what did they do that made them not 'good'? Just curious. Anyway...

You might also want to look at Dry24/7, Active Ultra Plus, Bambino Bianco, Secure X-Plus (basically same as Bambinos but more 'medical looking packaging and public reputation').... all are plain white with white tapes and premium. All 3 are excellent for full incontinence.

For cheaper ones but still decent (and better than Kendalls) - but have wetness indicators:

Tranquility ATN, Attends Waistband and well... I guess Unique Wellness can go in there to. Like all brands, even premiums your size and body structure makes a big difference wether you leak or not. It's best to try at least a package of each because you really can't get a good enough idea from just a couple because you'll learn on each one as you put them on more how tight and where the tapes should go for the real best fit and actual capacity for your particular output. Most everyone is different - don't be afraid to give them an honest test especially if you are going to stick with 1 brand for a long time.

Depending on your nocturnal enuresis amount you might also notice one brand fits you better laying down than another that is best for daily wear. Most of all check with your insurance to see if they only cover certain brands. If they don't cover these, then ask your doctor to give you a statement saying your output is heavier than average and you require a more premium diaper. This might help you with them. If it covers all but 'baby print' then you can still go with Bianco that I think are a little better than Secures. Anyway, I hope this helps

Side note--
    ***The Secure X-plus has a wetness indicator on the diaper while the Bambino Classico and Bianco do not. The Bambino Diapers also differ in that the inner lining is all white while the Secure X-plus has a blue marking on the inner lining - also the fit is slightly different***