Thread: Oh no, not a lurker!

Default Oh no, not a lurker!

Hey everyone, Atomotry here. Made this account thinking hoping to find another community under one of my many interests :P.

Uhh, I have pretty standard interests as far as most communities go, including being an avid gamer (Valve being my favorite dev., excited for DotA 2 as a League of Legends player), music /elitist/ (Progressive rock <3, Yes, Porcupine Tree, Radiohead), player (Guitar, Bass, Baritone Horn, Trumpet), and all around techie (writing this on my home build machine).

Blech, I hoped that wouldn't become a wall-o-text... maybe should have broken that up.

Yeah... hi!

Don't worry, it's not a wall of text. The more information in an intro post, the better!

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here.

Hello welcome Atomotry. I am glade to see that a fellow techie joined Adisc. so whats the specs on your computer. Sadly for me I am running on a laptop rocking a Intel core 2 duo @ 2.00ghz, 4gb of ddr2 @ 800mhz, and Nvidia geforece 9300m GS with 512mb of dedicated Vram.

Quote Originally Posted by dante View Post
    Hello welcome Atomotry. I am glade to see that a fellow techie joined Adisc. so whats the specs on your computer. Sadly for me I am running on a laptop rocking a Intel core 2 duo @ 2.00ghz, 4gb of ddr2 @ 800mhz, and Nvidia geforece 9300m GS with 512mb of dedicated Vram.
    My desktop has a Phenom (AMD <3) Quad obviously, which is clocking around 2.66 GHz per core, 4 gigs of ddr2, and a 5850 with a gig of VRAM (AMD + ATI <3). I upgraded my GPU to that 5850 and my PSU last February.

Currently on a Toshiba lappy with another quad core Phenom at 1.6 GHz, 4 gigs of DDR2, and a 5650. The card is an alright integrated for a laptop, runs league of legends and my source games/other steam games just fine.

What to you primarily use your machine for? Programming? Gaming?