Thread: New(ish) Group

Default New(ish) Group

I'm sure that some of you will scoff at me posting about my new group, but I promise that I'm not doing it just to get new members. My group is called the Iowa "Big Babies" Club. It is, in case you can't tell for AB/DL's in or around the Iowa area. I've got a couple of members already, and would love to have more. But the main reason I'm posting this here is to let other diapered folk in the area know that there is a place to hang out for just us corn eaters.

[no meet requests, and don't use your group for setting up meetings. THat's against the rules, and against all common sense]

Thank you,
    Lil Marky

Good luck with getting members for your new group.
    I made one for Indiana but only 5 members.
    So if you are in Indiana... please check it out!

It is neat to learn of people in your area but then I guess its kinda scary at times too and so this is the safe place to meet!

Why is this needed?

You can click on location tags. People who want to give their location may, and those who do not need not.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Why is this needed?

You can click on location tags. People who want to give their location may, and those who do not need not.
    It is not NEEDED, per se, but I thought it would be interesting to "meet" other folks in my area. Also, I thought it might show anyone nervous about their lifestyle/fetish that they're not alone, and not everybody into this sort of thing is in an area of concentrated populations. It's one thing to realize that there are people like you in big cities like NY or Chicago, and another entirely to find that there are folks like you in your own area.

I'm not forcing anyone to out themselves, I'm just giving them a place to do so if they like .

OmegaOne

I can think of a lot of groups which aren't "needed" - my left-handedness group for instance. But they're harmless and fun, so it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    You can click on location tags.
    Also, what? How do you do this? I promise i'm trying to figure it out, but in case I can't, can you show me the way? Thanks!

10 MINUTES LATER: Never mind, I figured it out!

---------- Post added 10-02-2011 at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-02-2011 at 11:15 PM ----------

And since I've figured out how to use those location tags, I now must put forward a new question. Is it against the rules to send a private message to the folks I find in my area, telling them about the group and inviting them to join? Is it just annoying or is it an accepted way to "advertise" my group?

Quote Originally Posted by LilMarky View Post
    And since I've figured out how to use those location tags, I now must put forward a new question. Is it against the rules to send a private message to the folks I find in my area, telling them about the group and inviting them to join? Is it just annoying or is it an accepted way to "advertise" my group?
    I can't think of a rule that it breaks but I'd call it counter to community standards. Really, you're trying to hard with this. I understand the desire to meet others like yourself. There's nothing wrong with it, but this community is not here for that purpose. This is not to say that meetings don't happen but they occur either as a result of people's individual relationships or set up by people who have put in the appropriate time and effort with the community. Sensible people aren't going to want to meet you because you're geographically convenient and wear diapers, they'll want to meet because you make posts that show you're (some positive combination of) thoughtful, kind, interesting, funny, cool, etc. There's no shortcut to getting to know people and that's what's needed.