Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper research part II - tenaflex

Default Diaper research part II - tenaflex

So I'm still working through my samples.

I will continue to use the Lil classics for my main daily diaper for work and the more absorbent one for the night time wee wee.

So today's diaper of choice is the Tena Flex (large)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2179.JPG 
Views:	9697 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	3698

After a bit of grief trying to work out the instructions I got them on.

First impressions

Feels very uncomfortable to sit on.

But we will see.

that doesn't look comfortable or normal. Looks like an adult trying to squeeze into a kids pullup with super stretchy sides.

I bought some of these by mistake one, although the absorbancy was good I found the fit truely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    that doesn't look comfortable or normal. Looks like an adult trying to squeeze into a kids pullup with super stretchy sides.
    Yeah - I had the largest size and the most abosrbent. The waist strap could actually fit someone a lot bigger than me!

I did not feel very adequately protected.

the waist straps are HUGE! and yeah "/ i got confused about how to put the damn thing on, the instructions are horrible! but then again it was a good absorber.
    Samh

Is the Flex plastic or faux-cloth/paper backed?

Plastic I think

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by samh View Post
    the waist straps are HUGE! and yeah "/ i got confused about how to put the damn thing on, the instructions are horrible! but then again it was a good absorber.
    Samh
    It left me very confused.

Do you wear for need or fun?

when I first had these I knew how to put them on. The pics on the pack were clear enough. The thing was, getting the big strap loose, since it was strangly glewed on to the diaper. I do not like the flex, leaks to fast for me and doesn't give me the real feeling. The slip is a much better fit.

crazykittensmile

I actually quite liked the flex - I like that they are cloth backed and I thought they were really comfortable, I like that you can readjust and tighten/loosen them an infinite number of times due to the velcro fastening and they are very quiet.

However, what let them down for me is that they are very leaky. No matter how tightly I fastened them, how careful I was to ensure leg-guards were up etc when putting them on and how careful I was not to flood them they always leaked well before they were wet to capacity. The Tena slips rarely leak for me unless I misjudge how wet one is, and thus on removing aleaky Tena slip the nappy is usually completely wet. Whereas on removing a Tena Flex after a leak I would usually see that the back was still completely bone dry. The capacity they claim to hold is certainly not true unless you don't mind dealing with several leaks in getting to that point. For me they were a real disappointment, as if they weren't leaky I would probably prefer fit/style/comfort over the slip.

I think I will buy another pack of Tena Flex and give them another go.

Thanks for the advice.