Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard time diapering self

Default Hard time diapering self

Does anybody have a hard tme diapering them self? I have a hell of a time doing it.

Practise makes perfect. Do you do it sitting, standing or lying down? What's your major area of dificulty?

Well, assuming you're using twin-tape nappies, one piece of advice would be to get the lowers taped properly (which I usually do pointing down, following the contours of my legs), then stand up to tape the uppers.

EDIT: What's your waist size relative to the fitment range of the nappy size you are using?

i always find floor taping to be awkward. I usually diaper up against a wall. Center the back of the diaper on your back, and lean into a wall, bring the front up, and do up the tapes.. Top then bottom, or bottom then top, both seem to work equally well for me. But i do one set, then step away from the wall to do the second set, which allows the diaper to shift/move, and be better fitted for the second set of tapes.

After wearing for nearly 6 months someone advised me on here last week to always do the bottom tapes first. Best piece of advice ever. I hardly have any problems at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinent17 View Post
    After wearing for nearly 6 months someone advised me on here last week to always do the bottom tapes first. Best piece of advice ever. I hardly have any problems at all now.
    Yes it is a good start to tape the bottom tape first. I do it from the beginning.

It is a good idea to tape the bottom tapes while laying down. Then standing up and doing the top tapes. I have found that I get a better fit when doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderhair View Post
    It is a good idea to tape the bottom tapes while laying down. Then standing up and doing the top tapes. I have found that I get a better fit when doing this.
    Thanks for the advise. This i must try tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    Thanks for the advise. This i must try tomorrow.