Thread: European Attends 10

Default European Attends 10

Has anyone ever used the European Attends, the ones with the single attachment or 1 big tape thing? How are they?

chelseacry

Macdonald's, ahh no

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by chelseacry View Post
    Macdonald's, ahh no
    What the...

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by chelseacry View Post
    Macdonald's, ahh no
    Congratulations - you win the Pointless Post Award of this month! The trophy and accompanying certificate will be dispatched to your diaper immediately.

And yes, I have used the new "Attends S-Form", as it's called here (got a sample from a friend). However, mine had the number 9 on it, so it was a slightly lower absorbency.
    They help up OK for wetting during the day, but I wouldn't trust them one bit for night time use because they were rather narrow and would probably leak at night.
    The tape system takes a bit of getting used to, but it does work acceptably.
    Here's a picture of the diaper unfolded:
    http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/TalesOfAPeach/AttS9.jpg

and here's how the tape system works:
    http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/TalesOfAPeach/AttS9b.jpg

I have uploaded three move pictures to my gallery of the diaper actually being worn (accessible to regulars only - sorry).

Peachy

Thats something like the CVS refastanable I tried those didn't like the cover, I don't care what they say those covers leak, but the velcrow like tapes were not too bad, you could adjust them over and over.

I guess they would work better with plastic pants, but I didn't get that far into them, I used them up and never bought them again.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Thats something like the CVS refastanable I tried those didn't like the cover, I don't care what they say those covers leak, but the velcrow like tapes were not too bad, you could adjust them over and over.

I guess they would work better with plastic pants, but I didn't get that far into them, I used them up and never bought them again.

Those are what I use...I would probably rather have a plastic cover on them, but I like how you can keep refastening them over and over

the Attends 10 is one of my regular nappies. they're really absorbant and swell up quite a bit when wet. the only two gripes i have are the writing on them and the velcro tabs.
    the corners of velcro tabs tend to poke you in your hips and i personally would've used round tabs or, if not possible, i would have placed them at angles which follow the natural contours of the body. prior to use, in order to combat being poked, i fold over the offending corners to break their stiffness and this allows the tabs to be a bit more flexible; and if you don the nappy 'properly', you can keep the corner of the tab folded over.
    another thing i do, and which i probably have to do, is to shorten the length of the wings. handily, the material of the wings is very good at being glued with ordinary Bostick/UHU. also quite handily, the wings' folding from manufacture provide a ready guide for the required length:

[links removed]

now, i know i could just cut them to length and do away with excess material but, i decided to stick with this method in case the glue failed during motion while out and about (as i'd still be able to secure the nappy); but that has never happened, as yet.
    i agree with Peachy about night-time use....they're just too skimpy to cover the necessary areas. great for day-time use, though and they're quiet and discreet. just watch out for those bloody tabs (OW!).

as worn:
    [links removed]

on a side note: i recently tried the UK Attends web shop and they were true to their word for the 24 hour delivery (handy if you've got to arrange delivery between other people being around). in this delivery i got some of the 'special care' nappies which i'd been eager to try but not sourced. the last time i'd tried these, they were marketed as the 'immobile' version and i was hoping for a considerable improvement over them. while the new ones are better than the old ones, there's still as good, and often better, available at lower cost (per nappy); the Lille 'supreme fit' being an example of the better while also of a lower cost.
    Last edited by Trevor; 11-Sep-2010 at 00:29. Reason: links removed by poster's request.