Thread: Why are people jerks for the heck of it?

Default Why are people jerks for the heck of it?

Ok, this is really making me mad. Monday of this week I found out something. Someone decided it would be funny to make a duplicate facebook profile of my profile, using the same name and picture. It's also pissing me off because I reported it Monday, and their still up making havoc. They have already have made wall posts to a girl I don't know, and my best friend. He posted on the girls "your hot." on and my best friend's (who is a guy) "I <3 you"

*face palm* Why do people find joy in that?

Because people that do things like that are idiots.

I had someone rip off something I made and post it on Deviantart. I reported it several times, even submitted proof that it was mine, but they left it up. The best I could do was post that I had made it. It still bothers me sometimes. I did make myself feel better because I re-made it and it looked a billion times better than the old one.

yojojo

3 reasons i can think of
    1 they dont realise they are being a jerk and in this case you will need to tell them and probibly calmly explain it to them why this is not funny.
    2 they either have some form of autisim or some other disability and dealing with this yourself is going to be very difficult. Your best bet is to have face book verify its your real account sending you another activation email, and then closing there fake account down.
    3 they are engaging in a form of cyber bullying, possibly in an atempt to steal your identity, and they can have there face book account closed for this anyway.
    In the last 2 cases contacting facebook is advisable, you should only contact facebook in the first case if they do not respond or change there profile after contacting them after 3 days. If they dident realise they were being a jerk and if that was genuinly the case then they would have gone straight to the task of changing there profile the moment you explaind it to them.

Some people are just wired like that.

Getting pissed at these people will solve nothing, sorry to say. If they did care about pissing you off, it would probably be because that is the reaction they are going for. Anger, in this case, will most likely only hurt yourself.

Keep a cool head, keep contacting Facebook, remember to be level and calm when contacting Facebook or anybody else about this problem. The more level and calm you are in dealing with this, the more likely actual progress will be made in fixing the damage that has been done against you. If nothing else, people will see that you are being reasonable if you are level and calm in handling this, and that goes a long way. Attacking the people who violated you will only do harm to your best interests, no matter how tempting that route of action might be.

I wish you the best of luck in handling this. Yeah, some people have a void where a moral backbone should be, but the best thing you can do in handling them is to keep your cool. Don't let them have you stumbling on the road to happiness - if you do, you'll be giving them exactly what they want.

That totally sucks. =( I hate when people do that. On my facebook, I use an obvious fake last name and it will make me less likely to be targeted for duplicating my account. Also, it's for my privacy and security reasons too. If I ever have the case of someone try to copy me, I just simply will report them, and will change my fake last name to other fake one and different profile picture, that's it. Also, I use maximum privacy as possible for non-friends to view on my profile... only they can see is my current profile picture (cannot see the whole album), my name (with fake last name), gender and link address for my facebook page, that's it. Nothing else.

Some people make up for their inadequacies by being dicks to others. This both gives you a reason for why, and maybe can be a little bit of an ego-booster.

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    Keep a cool head, keep contacting Facebook, remember to be level and calm when contacting Facebook or anybody else about this problem. The more level and calm you are in dealing with this, the more likely actual progress will be made in fixing the damage that has been done against you. If nothing else, people will see that you are being reasonable if you are level and calm in handling this, and that goes a long way. Attacking the people who violated you will only do harm to your best interests, no matter how tempting that route of action might be.
    I second this. Getting too upset about it just means that they win.

Its because some people are just stupid and disrespectful and they think just because they don't have to answer to the people they effect face to face for the harm they do to the people they are effecting with there stupidity and disrespect!! That is why those people do it because they think there no consequences for there actions and they are so very wrong to do that to anyone!!

People only have as much power as you give them, keep your head high and your thoughts straight and they have no power . Best of luck dude.

One time on Wrongplanet, someone managed to make an account and the username was Spokane and the troll used the UK Pampers package as the avatar and started trolling and the mods and the admin thought it was me. Luckily I didn't get banned for his actions. And someone else also managed to open an account using my avatar and the mods also thought it was me. And it was intentional, not coincidental. I let it go because it was obvious it wasn't me so I figured they'd be smart enough to know and also the fact I didn't get punished for their actions.

And I know of a forum I go to and people have done impersonations there because that is what you can do there and even I have done it too since others had. I have been impersonated twice there. I only did it to blow off some steam but I only did it to people who upset me. But I have never done it anywhere else because it's not nice. Only on that forum it's okay to do. I never knew it was mean until I was told last year because my friend impersonated a jerk online there. Now I don't understand why it was mean but it's okay to do other impersonations there. Or maybe it was just that one person's opinion and my friend's too. She also told me it was mean when she did it and she thought it be okay because she heard others had done impersonations there.

One of my friends was also impersonated on facebook. Someone in his school did that.

And what does autism or having any other disability have to do with this? Unless the person with autism was just copying other people and thought it was a cool thing to do and didn't know it was a mean thing because they didn't realize those people were being jerks. They just thought it was an okay thing to do since others were doing it. I have been there a lot in my past life and now I am finding out I do insults and don't even know it because others say them to me. Remember the Thank You card I sent my aunt? Then I ended up in another situation where I told a mother on yahoo Answers good thing she checked out this daycare first before dumping her kids off there. The mother gave me a angry message when all I did was gave her a compliment. Then I asked on Wrongplanet if dump and drop mean the same thing and it turned out dump has more of a negative meaning to it and I was told the mother probably thought I was telling her she was getting rid of her kids and didn't want them around and that I was against daycares. Okay my dad always tells me he is dumping me off like at work or at school or at my apartment, etc so that's where I got the talk from. I learned how to use that word in that context and I never realized what it really meant in that context.
    So yeah there have been things I have done and then would later find out what I did wasn't nice. I would never do it again because I now knew. One of the things that sucks about being autistic. You just don't know and then sometimes it's too late by the time you figure it out or when someone tells you and explains it to you and those peoples intentions and actions. I try to be more careful now when copying people or using words or phrases.