Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oral Fixation

Default Oral Fixation

Thanks to TBism I have developed an oral fixation... something ALWAYS has to be in my mouth. It's quite annoying and at times... obtrusive.
    I've stopped using the pacifier for obvious reasons. (See above) but, I still find something to suck on.
    Does anyone else share this similar problem ?

(oh for the love of god keep it clean!)

I like to chew on things. I chew on everything, bad habit. I don't have to have something to chew on, but if it's there it's in my mouth.

I was going to make just the same thread!

Well, yeah. I chew on things. Bad habit, especially for playing clarinet and... you know, not have wallets getting chewed up. I'm chewing on one as I sit at the computer >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    I was going to make just the same thread!

Well, yeah. I chew on things. Bad habit, especially for playing clarinet and... you know, not have wallets getting chewed up. I'm chewing on one as I sit at the computer >_>
    Leather reminds me of that "beef jerky" that sits out in the jar at off beat gas stations.
    It has the same texture and flavor...

Hehehe...

Yeah I chew on stuff, especially pens! I bought a bunch on new pens for my exams, and they all got chewed to bits buy the end of them.

I like to gnaw on stuff generally, like my hand.

I don't suck on anything though, I haven't used my dummy for a while...

I don't think that my Oral Fixation comes TB type stuff, I've just always done it.

(And leather is quite tasty!)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    Hehehe...

Yeah I chew on stuff, especially pens! I bought a bunch on new pens for my exams, and they all got chewed to bits buy the end of them.

I like to gnaw on stuff generally, like my hand.

I don't suck on anything though, I haven't used my dummy for a while...

I don't think that my Oral Fixation comes TB type stuff, I've just always done it.

(And leather is quite tasty!)
    Oh pens, pens! Heehee.....I regress well with a bottle. I know...strange...
    In my bi stage, yeh......oh well....you asked us not to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    I chew on my shirt...so yeah.
    hahaha I did that. For like six or seven years too. From like first grade to sixth grade my sleeves were constantly in shreads - much to my parents chagrin. People used to tease me about it "How does it taste?" etc.

I still get the urge to bite my shirt whenever I'm particularly excited or tense -though luckilly it's no longer subconsciouse (and public!)

I'm pretty sure that because of this and other factors one of my art teacher's thought I was a homeless kid...
    On recollection up untill about 10th grade I did look a lot like a street urchin =p.

I chew on everything, too. Anything that happens to be nearby; nails, a shirt, a necklace...

xdeadx

I've always had to chew on something, but I'm getting better at it now...