Thread: Hi Everyone!

Default Hi Everyone!

Well, as you can guess, I'm new around here.
    Just to be quick about it, I'm a DL, but there's more to me than that (duh).

About me: I can't wait to go off to college next fall, I'm not sure where I'm headed yet but it seems like (and I hope it is) one of the best experiences in life.
    I've spent a good bit travelling, and I even lived for a bit in Rome, which was awesome. So, when it comes to academics, I think I'd like to study international relations, and since I take Russian (privet, ADISC!) I'd like to keep doing that...a student exchange to Moscow really opened my eyes.

Outside of school, I'm an Eagle Scout, Varsity Swimmer, and I love to read.
    Oh, movies are good too, I just seem to never have time...school work=fun...
    And yeah, I like to try new stuff, I love an adventure.

Anyway, that's me. I hope to get a better feeling for the DL community, because I'm still kinda unsure about myself, but y'all seem like a good bunch.

Peace!

Welcome to the site, and yes, I think we are a good bunch. You've written a very good introduction. College is an exciting adventure and I suspect you will have a good time. With all of your interests and accomplishments, you should do well in college, thus making it a good experience. My best advise to you when you're in college is to take advantage of the opportunities which a good college or university has to offer. It only happens once, being young and in college, so experience as much of at as you can. It will provide you with a lifetime of awesome memories. Mine did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pellinoor View Post
    Outside of school, I'm an Eagle Scout, Varsity Swimmer, and I love to read.
    Oh, movies are good too, I just seem to never have time...school work=fun...
    And yeah, I like to try new stuff, I love an adventure.
    Ohho, good stuff. I graduated Cub Scouts but I didn't really have any friends so I didn't stick it out. It's a shame, good for you for doing it! I also used to swim, same deal.

Post around a bit, maybe check out the chat if it's not on fire for a few
    seconds. Have fun!