Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry 24/7 Sizing

Default Dry 24/7 Sizing

Ok, so I tried searching for a thread that could answer my question, but to no avail....or maybe I just didn't look hard enough. Anyway, my stash of Bambinos is starting to get low, and I was thinking about going with Dry 24/7's. However, I keep hearing that they are sized slightly larger than most other brands. To put my build into perspective, a medium Bambino, Secure X-Plus, Tena Super, and Attends all fit me perfectly. Now, I know what some of you are going to say..."Just order a sample pack first, to get an idea of how they will fit.", but I figured that there would have been enough people on this site that would have tried Dry 24/7's, and had a similar build as myself, so I wouldn't have to waste the $20 or whatever on the sample pack before I buy a case. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well.
    Dry 24/7 first started out with only a size medium, and a size large.
    Due to demand, they introduced a size small. Here's the catch. The size small, is the old medium, and even reads (or did a few months ago) "Medium" on it.

The current medium, is in between the size of other brands' normal medium and large sizes.

I normally wear medium, and therefore, should buy small from Dry 24/7, but since I wear them to bed anyway, I just go for the thick-assed mediums, and enjoy myself.

Edit:
    Check this out. Those are a few popular diapers. I also uploaded small to medium thickness comparisons, with a ruler. They should be in there somewhere.

You may have to become a regular first, not sure.

The Dry 24/7 Medium will fit about a 2-inch larger waist than will an Abena. That said, if you can fit in an Abena medium, you can fit into a Dry 24/7 medium as well, and it'll still fit well.

Abena Medium fits me well, while the Dry 24/7 medium swallows me. Now I am not a small guy but these things seem huge on me.

For those with more experience, will a Dry 24/7 small fit a 40" waist? If it helps the Depends new sizing small/medium still fits me and it doesn't sell itself fitting a waist size as large as mine.

The bambino medium JUST fits my 36" (by tape measure) / 34" (by jean size) waist. So I wear medium during the day and large overnight. That said, I've found the 24/7's to be basically right in the middle between these two. Other than that, the padding is thicker overall, particularly in the crotch area, plus the padding in the crotch is wider. Some find it uncomfortable for walking, others can't sleep on their sides well with it. It's like a bambino with a large booster in the middle.

They have a higher pulp ratio than bambino, so they acquire/wick faster, but can be "juiced" if squeezed, so rolling over in bed can lead to an otherwise unnecessary leak if they're heavily loaded.

For those with more experience, will a Dry 24/7 small fit a 40" waist? If it helps the Depends new sizing small/medium still fits me and it doesn't sell itself fitting a waist size as large as mine.

While I have no experience with the small 24/7, I would be very surprised if it fits a 40" waist. Depends on what you define as "fitting" too I guess. Some would say if the tape can reach plastic without immediately breaking, it fits. I prefer more reasonable fits. For me, with the bambino for example, the lower tapes JUST make it to the landing strips, which is why I say they just barely fit me. And the top tapes are just starting to overlap where the padding is near the top. At that point the top tapes technically have several inches of upper wing to tape to, but the lowers don't, so in my case the fit is dictated by the leg width more than it is by the belly. I guess these diapers have a "beer gut allowance". I suppose due to that you really need to consider leg width AND waist size and go according to whichever is relatively larger. The medium bambino would probably fit a waist up to oh, 42" or so I suppose by the top tapes, assuming your legs and lower hips weren't wider than mine. But you'd definitely have a gut.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    The Dry 24/7 Medium will fit about a 2-inch larger waist than will an Abena. That said, if you can fit in an Abena medium, you can fit into a Dry 24/7 medium as well, and it'll still fit well.
    ^^
    Abena medium fit me perfectly. the Dry 24/7.. fit, but are much larger. i can easily put a dry over an abena x-plus, and the layering works perfectly. so size comparison, larger but still works. oh, and no chance of hiding a dry. the padding is thick enough you are VERY aware of it between your legs, and you will have a noticeable diaper butt.

Quote Originally Posted by aydensboy View Post
    ^^
    Abena medium fit me perfectly. the Dry 24/7.. fit, but are much larger. i can easily put a dry over an abena x-plus, and the layering works perfectly. so size comparison, larger but still works. oh, and no chance of hiding a dry. the padding is thick enough you are VERY aware of it between your legs, and you will have a noticeable diaper butt.
    Indeed, which is why I usually buy a pack of Dry 24/7 AND a pack of X-Pluses.
    I'm such a diaper glutton... I would and have shared though!

GAH! All the opinions are so subjective!

So, a 34" should require a small 24/7? Am I reading this correctly? I'm thinking of buying the 24/7s, and I'd like to have the right size before blowing 60 smackers on diapers...

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post
    GAH! All the opinions are so subjective!

So, a 34" should require a small 24/7? Am I reading this correctly? I'm thinking of buying the 24/7s, and I'd like to have the right size before blowing 60 smackers on diapers...
    Having a case of their mediums and being your size, I would say next time I would go for the smalls, although I haven't yet tried them on for size, I just find the mediums to be larger than I'd like. They're not stupidly big on me but based on this, I'm pretty sure the smalls would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Having a case of their mediums and being your size, I would say next time I would go for the smalls, although I haven't yet tried them on for size, I just find the mediums to be larger than I'd like. They're not stupidly big on me but based on this, I'm pretty sure the smalls would work better.
    Beautiful! Thanks for the help Trevor! I only wish they weren't blue, though...