Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Hello!

  1. #1

    Default Hello!

    Okay, introduction...I hadn't done this on a forum for a while now. Anyway, I think I'll start with question #2. I've had an interest in diapers for pretty much my entire life but six years old was the "official" beginning. I'm both an AB and a DL but I think I lean more towards the AB side. Though, I'm beginning to wonder about that classification because I prefer to think of myself as six when I'm in "baby mode".

    Some of my other interests include music (as the name implies lol). I like listening to it, writing it and playing it. Mainly guitar but a little bass and I've played drums before too but a drumkit would be too loud for my living quarters right now. I like to read. The last set of novels I read was Harry Potter and I'm huge fan! I enjoy writing too but I hadn't done much of that lately. Computers are another interest of mine as is the occasional video game. I really like the Nintendo DS and I'm itching for a Wii.

    Anyway, this place looks like a nice place and I can't wait to get to know you all.

  2. #2

    Default

    Hi MusicalKid, welcome to the Forum. My "baby mode" is age 5 (kindergarten is my favorite!), so don't worry about the "AB" title. I've also read the Harry Potter books and seen the movies and LOVE them. By the way, how did you "officially" become interested in diapers at age 6?

  3. #3

    Default

    I've seen all the HP movies too...well, I still haven't seen Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 yet. Been meaning to.

    On how I officially got interested in diapers at six: I remember being as young as four and being really curious about diapers. I liked the way a fresh diaper smelled. But, at six, I wore a diaper for the first time since being a baby. They were the old Luvs and they fit me! I was hooked by then. It's sort of my "chasing the dragon" thing. I would give anything to be six and experience that again.

  4. #4

    Default

    Oh, did someone say Harry Potter fan? I've been a Harry Potter fan for a whole 11 years (it's actually hard to fathom that, in two years, the younger people that will registered to ADISC will actually not have been born when I started reading the first Harry Potter book... Makes me feel old >.<). So ya, I was eight when I read the first three books, so it's fair to say I really grew up with Harry, Ron and Hermione - tough my favourite character is Luna (that, and I'm a Ravenclaw ^^). Also, fun fact, I've read every book in both French and English (except the seventh one, I've only read it in English).



    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalKid View Post
    On how I officially got interested in diapers at six: I remember being as young as four and being really curious about diapers. I liked the way a fresh diaper smelled. But, at six, I wore a diaper for the first time since being a baby. They were the old Luvs and they fit me! I was hooked by then. It's sort of my "chasing the dragon" thing. I would give anything to be six and experience that again.
    If you don't mind me asking, how/why did this happen, or do you not remember?

    Anyway, nice to have you here MusicalKid. I hope you stick around!

    ~~Near

  5. #5

    Default

    Hey MusicalKid! Welcome to ADISC!

    Don't worry about the classification, not every AB's babymode's age is actually during the babyhood. Many of us think of themselves as a toddler or a 5 yo kid (or up to 10-12 yo and even more). Sometimes I've heard the terms Adult Toddler and Adult Kid, anyhow, all in all, AB is the generic term. There is no Adult First, Second or Third Grader category anyway!
    However that may be, what's worth being classified?

    You'll find a lot of musicians around the website, as far as I am concerned, I play bass, and would like to learn drums and guitar once I mastered the bass (which is not going to happen soon!).
    What kind of music do you listen to/play?

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Oh, did someone say Harry Potter fan? I've been a Harry Potter fan for a whole 11 years (it's actually hard to fathom that, in two years, the younger people that will registered to ADISC will actually not have been born when I started reading the first Harry Potter book... Makes me feel old >.<).
    Oh my goodness, do we have a Harry Potter fan club here?!? I've read the whole series to my kids 3 times and I have read the whole series twice. That may seem excessive but that's over a number of years. I started reading Harry Potter around the time that the Goblet of Fire book came out so that's 9 years I guess.

  7. #7

    Default

    Wow, thanks for the welcome. =)

    I started reading Harry Potter in the fall of 2007 so I started when the series drew to a close. I'd read one book at a time and then saw each movie. So, I'd read Sorcerer's Stone and then go watch the movie. I still can't believe I managed to do that with my college studies. I just couldn't put the books down. I really enjoy the imagery of the HP universe and, since reading John Granger's book, came to appreciate many of the influences of Romantic and Victorian era literature in Harry Potter. My favorite character is Dumbledore.

    What kind of music do I play? Well, loud. lol Seriously, mostly rock but I like anything that grabs me really. It could be rock, blues, reggae, funk or even classical. As long as it touches me. My favorite band is Green Day.

    Hey, PuerAeternus, what bass do you have? I have an OLP MM2. It has a maple fingerboard and a sparkle blue finish. For instruments in general, My main squeeze is a Fender Strat that I've had for ten years.

    Oh yeah, don't want to forget to answer Near's question! I guess I'm not sure what triggered it in general but if you mean when I was six, my older sister at the time was kind of a doll freak. One of her gifts included a doll and an actual box of Luvs. I already liked diapers at that point and one morning (at 6am, interestingly) I snuck one of those diapers out from sister's room, headed for my own and put it on. I think I did this every weekend? Not sure, but it never occurred to me that I should get rid of them when I was done so I stashed them somewhere in my room which was later found. lol For the record, it took me a little time before I worked up the nerve to actually wet them. Since then, I'd "borrow" from visiting cousins or whenever I could get my hands on them before I turned 13 and bought my own (Huggies for Him size 5 if you're curious). Those were back in the days when they didn't have tape panels yet so I'd manage to tear the plastic cover when untaping them. I guess between six and nine, I kind of "heard" and "saw" diapers everywhere.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalKid View Post
    Wow, thanks for the welcome. =)

    What kind of music do I play? Well, loud. lol Seriously, mostly rock but I like anything that grabs me really. It could be rock, blues, reggae, funk or even classical. As long as it touches me. My favorite band is Green Day.

    Hey, PuerAeternus, what bass do you have? I have an OLP MM2. It has a maple fingerboard and a sparkle blue finish. For instruments in general, My main squeeze is a Fender Strat that I've had for ten years.
    Same for me, I can play any style if the music touches me, with the one condition it has to be "fun" to play.

    I've still got my very first bass, a Stagg JB and my "good" one is a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass (maple body and neck, black pickguard and block inlays), played on a Ashdown Perfect Ten 30w combo with a Zoom B2 effects pedal. It's only beginner junks, as soon as I will play good enough it will be worth spending $1000, I'll buy a Fender Classic 70s Jazz Bass. I tried it in a music store and that's exactly the sound I'm looking for (I play mostly funky slap tunes).

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by happydl View Post
    Oh my goodness, do we have a Harry Potter fan club here?!? I've read the whole series to my kids 3 times and I have read the whole series twice. That may seem excessive but that's over a number of years. I started reading Harry Potter around the time that the Goblet of Fire book came out so that's 9 years I guess.
    Yep, you've got a fan club here...I think I read the first 4 books between 10-15 times each The following ones a bit less, but I loved them all. Oh, and Snape kills Dumbledore (sorry).

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by PuerAeternus View Post
    Same for me, I can play any style if the music touches me, with the one condition it has to be "fun" to play.

    I've still got my very first bass, a Stagg JB and my "good" one is a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass (maple body and neck, black pickguard and block inlays), played on a Ashdown Perfect Ten 30w combo with a Zoom B2 effects pedal. It's only beginner junks, as soon as I will play good enough it will be worth spending $1000, I'll buy a Fender Classic 70s Jazz Bass. I tried it in a music store and that's exactly the sound I'm looking for (I play mostly funky slap tunes).
    Sounds great. I remember when I first started playing guitar and the stuff that's available now that cost the same amount of money for a beginner axe far surpasses what was available in the past. I'm hearing some nice things about the Vintage Modern series. I'd love to get my hands on a Classic Vibe 60's Strat. I really liked it when I tested it at a local music store in Virginia. I'd say Fender is pretty good about taking high quality down to the entry level instruments.

    You play slap bass? I'm really interested in learning to better my slap technique. I can do the simple stuff but I'm not in Flea territory yet even though on the last few Chilis records he was playing some less complex basslines.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.