Thread: Diaper Tapes on Disposable Diapers

Default Diaper Tapes on Disposable Diapers

I know there are a lot of people who put diaper tapes on their disposable diapers or print out an image and then tape it over with packaging tape.
    My question is how do you do it on a cloth diaper to make sure it doesn't interfere with the tabs/tapes?
    The type of diapers I use (Depends, but not sure on all the specifics) have two tabs/tapes and they are the Velcro kind (you know, the kind that sticks to the cloth, not the sticky kind like you used to see in most kids' diapers). I want to use diaper tapes, but I am afraid they will get in the way of the tabs.
    I know stickers are an alternative to decorating your diapers, but I'm wondering about diaper tape and how to use it.

As quoted from Diapertapes.ch:

Q: Can I use Diapertapes on a diaper without plastic backing?
    A: Basically yes, although the Diapertapes won't stick very well on a fabric/material surface and it is possible that the diaper cannot be closed, because velcro for example doesn't adhere to the tapes’ surface.

Hope this helps!

never used 'hot-glue' stuff before, but some may advise that. personally, i've used solvent based adhesives (bostick/uhu) to good effect on the new style 'cloth' outers.
    that's for all kinds of modification on the 'cloth' type.

it you mean real cloth diapers might i suggest an iron on transfer. you better like the design though, cause it is prety much permenant once iron'd on there

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post
    As quoted from Diapertapes.ch:

Q: Can I use Diapertapes on a diaper without plastic backing?
    A: Basically yes, although the Diapertapes won't stick very well on a fabric/material surface and it is possible that the diaper cannot be closed, because velcro for example doesn't adhere to the tapes’ surface.

Hope this helps!
    That does help, thanks!
    But it makes me ask the question... Where can I get disposable diapers with plastic backing?

Just as a thought, you could prtobably buy a whole bunch of baby diapers, rip off the front velcro part with the designs and use that. That's what I'm going to do, then use the rest as stuffers. ^^