Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Competitor for Drynites(Goodnites) and Underjams

Smile Competitor for Drynites(Goodnites) and Underjams

I went to a local medical supply store (they sell drynites and some adult diapers too) earlier yesterday, I went in to get a pack of drynites as it's the closest store to me that sells the bigger sizes but they didn't stock them anymore, but the older guy at the counter (in mid 50's range) asked me if I needed any help, I said I was looking for some 'supplies' for my little sister as a cover story. He said they stock some for younger children and I took a large pack of Libero Sleep Comfort diapers in large.

All I have to say is...Wow
    They fit much more comfortably than drynites (on myself with a 32'' hip size), they are designed much better than both drynites and underjams and practically never rip or tear. They hold quite a fair bit too and they are designed to be quiet. However...unless you are oiled and powdered pretty well I wouldn't recommend walking long distance in one, they do chafe a little bit and get uncomfortable after a while.

If you get the chance, at least try them. They are great in my opinion.

If you have tried them, what did you think?

wait what store did you get them in? i Think CVS sells the same things, are they white but same sizing as goodnites?

Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    wait what store did you get them in? i Think CVS sells the same things, are they white but same sizing as goodnites?
    We have nothing like a CVS over here (unfortunately), the only real medical store is a branch from our local hospital service. They're a bit bigger than goodnites and the ones I bought are slightly purple, with light green and darker purple stripes.

oO so I can get diapers other than gdnites or undrjams?!?! Are they tabbed?!

Doesn't look like it. They appear to be very similar to GoodNites. Although the website implies that they aren't actually out yet. Libero Night Comfort. Realistically, no mass-market bed-wetting pant aimed at children is going to be constructed like a standard nappy - any non-DL would be too ashamed to wear it.

They're probably just a rebranded Tena pull-up. Though that isn't necessarily a bad thing - it implies better construction than GoodNites or Underjams. Ultimately, Huggies and Pampers are hardly experts on adult incontinence products. It actually surprises me that none of the larger adult nappy manufacturers have tried breaking into this market before.
    Last edited by Akastus; 30-Jan-2011 at 22:00.

Too bad they don't have designs. Although I never have understood why the L/XL goodnites actually do have designs on them. Good for us TB/DLs but if anything it makes them more like a diaper than underwear. I'm sure most of the older kids in the 85+ weight range have moved past designs on their underwear at that point. I know I did when I was that age.

GoodJams1

Too bad Libero isn't sold in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    Ultimately, Huggies and Pampers are hardly experts on adult incontinence products. It actually surprises me that none of the larger adult nappy manufacturers have tried breaking into this market before.
    I think they would dispute that. Proctor and Gamble, who makes Pampers, used to make Attends before they sold off that part of their business. Back then, Attends were pretty good. Kimberly Clark, who makes Huggies, also makes Depend which has pretty broad appeal for non-*B/DL's.
    Last edited by happydl; 31-Jan-2011 at 18:42.

they can bought from B and M Supplies (Lancs, UK - have a google) and i can testify that they are prettier and better fitting than the usual pull-ups for older children.

[on edit]

compared with a drinites (in the pic) they don't look that much better, size-wise, but they are. they also gel well: i wore one for a paddling-pool shoot and it swelled up to exploding point.
    Last edited by ade; 31-Jan-2011 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by happydl View Post
    I think they would dispute that. Proctor and Gamble, who makes Pampers, used to make Attends before they sold off that part of their business. Back then, Attends were pretty good. Kimberly Clark, who makes Huggies, also makes Depends which has pretty broad appeal for non-*B/DL's.
    I was not aware of that. Huh. You'd think they'd do a better job with their bed-wetting products then. Still, I suppose that if you're aiming for maximum discretion, something has to give.