Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP2 or NGP

Crazymaze

Default PSP2 or NGP

Ok so I would bet money that at least a few of you guys have heard about the new PSP coming out. Supposedly it has PS3 quality graphics which seems to be true based on the reviews. Basically what I'm wondering is how much it will cost (Sony hasn't said anything yet) and do you think you will buy it?

It would probably cost over $250, because the PSP2 will have a touch pad. I will buy it because PSP systems are the bomb!

Sony stated that it will be less than the $599 PS3 at launch. I'll bid $349 Bob!

Either way, that's more than I'm willing to spend on a handheld. Though Sony did mention 3G connectivity. It may just win some people over with built-in net access. (Probably need to pay some sort of subscription for it tho).

I never bought the first PSP, and I don't think I will buy the next one.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's $350. I will have to wait until the price drops to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by amon View Post
    I never bought the first PSP, and I don't think I will buy the next one.
    Actually, they might get away with a free subscription, though we'll have to see. I know a lot of e-readers and stuff have free 3G included with the purchase.

I will probably get this at some point in time. Maybe not launch day, but I love my PSP, a lot more then when I had my DS.

I will definitely be getting a PSP2. I have actually seen it and the PSP phone (dont know the name) and they literally support ps3 graphics. From what I remember it has a store that allows you to download any old super nintendo game and from what I have heard, sony is trying to create more compatability with it to allow some games from the PSone and PS2 to be played on it. Since it also has a touch screen and a slightly bigger screen than a psp go, I think you can listen to music on it and play touch games just like an ipod touch on it. I'm not sure of the price, but whatever price it is, i'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningFire View Post
    Actually, they might get away with a free subscription, though we'll have to see. I know a lot of e-readers and stuff have free 3G included with the purchase.

I will probably get this at some point in time. Maybe not launch day, but I love my PSP, a lot more then when I had my DS.
    Kindle might have free 3G but honestly, how much bandwidth does it use. It's a e-reader and the books are less then 100 MB's.

PP2/NGP, whatever it's offical name will be will require constant bandwith and high bandwith too. I can only assume and hope Netflix will be on it and Netflix accounts for I hear at least 30% of all bandwith at peek hours. That coupled with games and needing constant data going to and from the device would drive the 3G provider into the ground.

Sony also said there are 2 verisons of the system 3G with Wifi, or only wi-fi. This lead's me to think that NGP/PSP2 will be subsidized like cellphones are. Meaning it might cost 400 dollars but you get it for 150-200 dollars if you signup with a 1-2 year contract at say 20-35 bucks per month.
    Hopefully the wifi only model is only 50-75 bucks more then the 3DS.

I'll take it, absolutely. The PSP is my best purchase yet, aside from a laptop. That screen is huge, the graphics will be nice, two joysticks, and a sleek design.

This is actually the first I've heard of a new PSP2 system. After looking into it though, it definitely does look interesting. I doubt I'll buy it when it first comes out, I don't use my PSP enough to justify spending too much money on a new portable system. Unless the release price is pretty good, I'll likely wait until the price drops a bit before I consider buying one.