Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh Dear: Package Arrives At Wrong Time

AndrewThatsMyName

Default Oh Dear: Package Arrives At Wrong Time

Hello everyone! So if you read my blog or my latest posts, you would have known that I ordered a pack of Abena X-Plus' from XpMedical.com. I ordered them on Thursday, and expected them to arrive anytime between Friday (as I live close) and Sunday). When I saw he didn't get the letter on Friday, I expected them to arrive on Sunday, or Monday.

But today I got the surprise of a lifetime. I was outside working in the front yard, with the other 3 members of my family, when the FedEx man came. This was around 3:30. So everyone looks in his direction, and I go up and reciever the package, heart racing. My brother asked what was in it, and I used an excuse, that I thought no one would believe. I just said it was a CD full of short loops.

My excuse to get the money in the first place was that I was buying a CD. So I said "Yeah, he shipped it in a large box for kicks." ... And They believed it. WOW!

So Now, I'm half typing this thread, and half playing short musical loops from the first CD I have. I'll be sure to try them out tonight, but this was a story that I had to share.

Thanks for reading this
    -Andrew

"What's in the box?"
    "A part for my computer"
    "Oh"

Works every time.

AndrewThatsMyName

My dad and brother are both computer geeks. I'm computer-illiterate. Would not of worked. But I like the idea.

I've had to make up an excuse for a package arriving. Mind races to come up with a quick response and not sound suspicious. Glad to hear that it turned out all right though

I love Gil's excuse for a box, but I had a delivery from asda (see my blog "ooops") that wasn't in a box but open my mum and sister were in the next room and I sort of floundered a lot, I got away with them not seeing the worst of it but it was still embarrassing

Whew! It's lucky that everyone believed you.

I'm fortunate because I've ordered so much stuff from online before that no one really ever asks. Usually I'll say something about what I ordered and no one checks the box.

And I've received stuff from eBay in some pretty weird boxes, so even getting rid of a diaper box probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. People might ask about it and I'd just say that they must not have wanted to waste a good box and that would be it.

Those excuses all work depending on the situation, but parents like mine, would get quizicle and ask how it was paid for, or something.

Enjoy your Abenas.

Wow! You got lucky! I can imagine how it felt to be so close to be caught! Great story!

great cover. Thats exactly why i havent ordered online lol.