Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PO box for diapers and such. Help!

Smile PO box for diapers and such. Help!

Hey everyone, I was curious if anyone out there has ever used a PO box to get packages with babyish things, delivered to them. Now, I can't necessarily have them delivered to my home because my parents would probably open the package without my approval, and I prefer the safety, security, and privacy of the post office.

Does anyone out there know what size of PO box I'd need to get to have a package of nice, adult sized diapers shipped to me?

Thanks in advance

I do not know but I would just make sure that the company will deliver to a post office box before going to the trouble of it all. Many companies will not deliver much of anything to a post office box. So do the research first!

what i did was forwrd mail from my house to a po box and all packages went there

I have had a PO box for 25 years now, it's handy for all sorts of such buys. Most companys perfer to ship smaller packages USPS however big stuff like diaper packs and cases cost less to ship UPS or FedX so they not ship free or charge more. Often safe descreate arrival is worth the extra cost though. You will need to be over 18 and provide ID to buy a box, mine now costs $75 per year. Don't worry about size, If a package is too big to fit in the box they leave a card and you can pickup it at the counter. The postal people don't know or care what is in the box as long as it isn't illeagle.

You can get any size. If it's too big, they give you a package slip, and you receive it at the desk.

I would look for a UPS mailbox nearby. I'm sure there's a search function on the UPS website. Those don't count as PO boxes, and are seen as regular street addresses. You can get any service to deliver them too, not just priority mail, like PO boxes.
    I've had one for 1.5 years.

And you can be under 18. You just need ID.

I have used a PO Box on many occasions for delivery of all sorts of things, not just special items. Most PO Boxes provided by Australia Post are too small for just about any sized parcel so I pay for the smallest sized box because it is cheaper.

When a parcel arrives you just get a “Package to Collect” card in your box and you go to the Post Office counter to receive it. Considering that many articles are ‘sign to receive’ (registered Post or International Delivery) you would have to go to the counter even if the package was small enough to fit in your PO Box. The warping is always discreet and any customs decoration details list clothes, never nappies or diapers.

So if you are happy to front up to the counter to sign, box size would not matter, unless you can afford a large enough size to receive unsigned (unpacked) local diaper deliveries, (you would have to know the diaper box’s measurements). All this is of course provided that; the system is the same where you are, as it is here.

Thanks for all the help guys!! I ended up getting everything worked out. I really appreciate all the input. Its amazing what a forum post can do for you

Keep in mind that if you order anything through FedEx, they cannot ship to a PO Box. Luckily most commercial companies don't rely on FedEx, but if you're buying from a reseller (from eBay for example) make sure you know how they're sending the items first.

Get a ups box. i had one that i used a few years ago. Most places will not ship things to a p.o box but they will ship to a ups box. the reason is because when you order stuff and ship it to a ups store the package is geting sent to an address not a p.o box. one time i orderd two cases of secure xplus diapers and all i had to do was go to the ups store and pick it up. ups store will take packages of any size and shape if it doesnt fit in your box they will hold it till you pick it up. also the ups store will not call your house to let you know your packages have arived, so you dont have to worry about any one finding out.

indybaby12

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkid View Post
    Get a ups box. i had one that i used a few years ago. Most places will not ship things to a p.o box but they will ship to a ups box. the reason is because when you order stuff and ship it to a ups store the package is geting sent to an address not a p.o box. one time i orderd two cases of secure xplus diapers and all i had to do was go to the ups store and pick it up. ups store will take packages of any size and shape if it doesnt fit in your box they will hold it till you pick it up. also the ups store will not call your house to let you know your packages have arived, so you dont have to worry about any one finding out.
    I would agree with this suggestion instead of a USPS PO Box. Also you may not may not have to have a box to have a package delivered there.

But if you want USPS/FedEx delivered you probability would need a box.