Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Questions (If You Can Answer Them, Thanks)

AndrewThatsMyName

Default Diaper Questions (If You Can Answer Them, Thanks)

A few questions for those who have knowledge on diapers. Sorry for any misspellings, I'm typing this from my iPod.

1. How long can you stay in a wet (only) diaper.
    2. Can you get a rash from only a wet diaper? (Same as Question 1)
    3. If wear these, what is the longest you have stayed in an Abena diaper?
    4. Have you ever ordered from XP Medical? If so, what do you think?

If you can answer these, thank you very, very much!!
    -Andrew

I've stayed in a wet diaper for about 16 hours with no problem. I never got a rash, but others definitely have. I only ever used the Abena Abri-forms, and I like XP Medical a lot. It will ship from "Gary Evans -- X P" which is easily googled, but nobody will suspect it from the box itself. Plain brown package.

1. I have no idea - wet nappies fall off me (combination of weight and the shape of my hips) within an hour or so.
    2. Yes, you can - and that holds true with disposables too. Urine contains ammonia, and over time this will cause irritation. Simple answer - use the traditional combination of zinc and castor oil cream as your barrier layer, then powder. This should at least minimise the rash.

Hugs

Artie

1. That's a matter of personal preference, I've found. Some like to stay in them for many hours; some like to remove them immediately. It also depends on how absorbent the diaper is. Also, the closer to capacity you wet the diaper, the higher the likelihood that you'll squeeze a little bit out in the form of a leak when you sit or lie down, especially if you flood the diaper.

2. It's possible, but it's never happened to me.

3. I just got mine last month, and haven't had enough privacy to give them the full go-round, but I could probably stay in one damn near all day.

4. Never ordered from XP, but they seem to have their act together. I'm sure many of our other members can help with that.

-- Depends on saturation level and your skin tolerance. If you start to feel 'prikkly' then you are almost too late and better change fast.
    -- YES. But it depends on skin tolerance. Everyone is different.
    -- I think 4 to 6 hours? But then I am incon.
    -- Yes, XPmed is very good and very discreet. I order my Dry24's from there now.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThatsMyName View Post
    A few questions for those who have knowledge on diapers. Sorry for any misspellings, I'm typing this from my iPod.

If you can answer these, thank you very, very much!!
    -Andrew
    Hi Andrew. =) Here are my answers for those questions:
    1. I would say 15 minutes max (unless I am out in public but it's rare!)
    2. Yes I can get that. My skin is sensitive, I guess. =( I use baby powder to soothe and keep it at minimum.
    3. I never wear Abena diaper before.
    4. I have heard of it but never ordered off it though.

Sorry I am not much help... just first two questions.

1. How long can you stay in a wet (only) diaper. Depends on your comfort level. I have stayed in one about 1/2 of a day tops.

2. Can you get a rash from only a wet diaper? (Same as Question 1) YES you can. It all depends on the individual though.

3. If wear these, what is the longest you have stayed in an Abena diaper? I usually stay in one all day. If I can get to the rest room before using the diaper I do so. Makes the diaper last longer & I am more comfortable knowing that I don't have to worry about leaking at work.

4. Have you ever ordered from XP Medical? If so, what do you think? XP medical hands down has the best shipping (IMO) If I order on a Monday they are at my doorstep on Thursday every time.

Not sure that you are aware that the Abena come in 4 different thickness as well. I am most comfortable in the M1's & M2's for daily running around. Any thicker & my back starts to hurt from walking bow legged XD If I plan on hanging around the house the M4's are real nice.
    I hope that helps answer your questions.

I've stayed in a wet diaper for 12 hours somedays depending how long it took to fully wet it.
    Yes you can get a rash. I agree with Grizz, it depends on the individual.
    I have stayed in an Abena for as long as 12 hours.
    XP medical is a good place to order from.
    And good luck with your diaper wearing Andrew.

Gee,wish I had said something like that lol. I think from here on you are going to get pretty much the same answers.

Butterfly Mage

1. Although I try to be hygienic, there have been times where it gas been logistically impossible to change my diaper for 10-12 hours.
    2. I did not get a rash. However, I also don't often stay in a wet diaper for that long a time either.
    3. Abena diapers are very good. If I know ahead of time that I won't be able to easily change my diaper, I wear an x-Plus.
    4. Gary Evans is a pretty good shipper. His prices are reasonable. The one time that I received a defective shipment, Gary replaced it immediately.