Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water

Default water

I am just curious as to how well a cloth diaper (8 ply birdseye cloth) and plastic pants will hold...

you see I am trying to drink 8 cups of 8 oz. of water a day or more and will it hold all the wet that comes out?

Wish I could help you Maddie but I wear disposables. My guess is to just double up on the cloth diapers.

AndrewThatsMyName

sorry to say this, but most people here wear diaposables. Some wear Cloth diapers though.

Well I have been wearing disposable... and I know what I wear doesn't hold it!!!!!!

I don't think it will hold that much unless you do 5 diapers together (which using cloth you can easily), even if it did that could get very heavy. but first you should drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day, diaper lover or not, that is the recommended amount to be healthy. you can change your diaper more often with cloth, with out feeling bad about wasting money, as you just dump it in the wash with your other diapers.

assuming what goes in comes out, that's 8x8=64 oz, very close to a 2L (67oz) Why don't you fill an empty 2L and dump that in a bucket, and put your diaper into it and see if it can mop it all up and hold it well?

Quote Originally Posted by maddie212 View Post
    Well I have been wearing disposable... and I know what I wear doesn't hold it!!!!!!
    In my experience cloth must be thicker to do the same job as a disposable. One of cloth's virtues is the ability to layer as you see fit but to do what you want may lead to something uncomfortable or unsightly. You may just need to change more often or drink less.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    assuming what goes in comes out, that's 8x8=64 oz, very close to a 2L (67oz) Why don't you fill an empty 2L and dump that in a bucket, and put your diaper into it and see if it can mop it all up and hold it well?
    'RAY!! something in what-i-understandish (i ain't seen ounces used over here for......so long ago that i forget). 2 litres isn't much, a properly sized trad should take that easily.
    oh yeah, but you do need to change more often for hygene reasons; unless you start putting triclosan and gel in your diaper, of course.

2L is a lot for a disposable to hold without boosters. Most of the higher capacity diapers are rated around 1800mL. There's also the issue that they measure the ENTIRE diaper used, and it seldom works out that way. Sitting/standing will use the middle and front, laying on the back will use the middle and back, so unless you're intentionally distributing the pee, the capacity is less.

An eight-layer cloth will probably not withstand that much liquid, but then, you'd want to change more than once per day anyway.