Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar in 3D at home.. so I bought a Samsing 3D LOL

Default Avatar in 3D at home.. so I bought a Samsing 3D LOL

Ok this is not life wreaking or anything though we just bought ourselves a lovely 3D Samsung Plasma, the freebie glasses are on the way and I have the big tick to buy a PS3 but can't buy the 3D version of Avatar as it is Panasonic only?

Anyone know if I borrowed someones Panasonic copy if it will work on the Samsung?

I'm holding off on the whole 3D thing till the dust settles and somebody wins. I don't want to be like those people stuck with the big HD-DVD collection.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I'm holding off on the whole 3D thing till the dust settles and somebody wins. I don't want to be like those people stuck with the big HD-DVD collection.
    Ya, my HD-DVD player is pretty useless these days...

Sent from my iPhone

Your out of luck I assume. Panasonic knows people like you (TC) are die hard fans of avatar and want to see it in HD3D TV. I am sure they put in multiple protections to stop avatar from being shown in 3D on anything but their own television sets.

My advice is if at all possible return your 3DTV and let these wars work itself out. 3DTV has no set standards and is lacking seriously in terms of content because of this, plus it's a fad. No movie or show has been made better thanks to 3D, it's a joke and a expensive one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    No movie or show has been made better thanks to 3D, it's a joke and a expensive one at that.
    Au contraire: I present Captain Eo.

Saw this in 1986, and apparently that version is better than what they've decided to bring back (as of 2010, according to the Wikipedia page). We got star-field effects and frickin' LASERS!

Of course, this spoiled me for all future 3D efforts, as they look like the feeblest of infant groping after seeing an Olympic-class athlete perform.

If you mean, though, modern 3D efforts, you're right.

How to write a 3D-movie script:
    1. Animals. People love 'em.
    2. Long necks, a slingshot, or some other scene where one animal will be projected out "into" the audience.
    3. A flying/falling/waterfall scene, shot from chase-cam angle.
    3. Filler, C-grade material.
    4. PROFIT.

Bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    If you mean, though, modern 3D efforts, you're right.

How to write a 3D-movie script:
    1. Animals. People love 'em.
    2. Long necks, a slingshot, or some other scene where one animal will be projected out "into" the audience.
    3. A flying/falling/waterfall scene, shot from chase-cam angle.
    3. Filler, C-grade material.
    4. PROFIT.

Bloody awful.
    So, I take it you aren't excited for James Cameron's newest movie? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    So, I take it you aren't excited for James Cameron's newest movie? :P
    No, but not because of the 3D-ready content. Because I've seen that movie before. Those movies, actually.

- Pocahontas
    - Dances With Wolves

It's the whole Noble Savage thing all over again. But done badly, with eye-burning fluorescence everywhere.

No, but not because of the 3D-ready content. Because I've seen that movie before. Those movies, actually.

- Pocahontas
    - Dances With Wolves

It's the whole Noble Savage thing all over again. But done badly, with eye-burning fluorescence everywhere.
    I saw Avatar when I was like a young child.

Plus it was hand drawn, rather then having computers do like 98% of the work.

- Pocahontas
    - Dances With Wolves

Actually was meaning Sanctum, his new movie in which the trailer is about nothing but how awesome it will look in 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    Actually was meaning Sanctum, his new movie in which the trailer is about nothing but how awesome it will look in 3D
    It's not even his movie. He's just a producer on it.