Thread: Culture Differences between Babyfurs and ABs

Default Culture Differences between Babyfurs and ABs

I was wondering what, if any, culture differences do you find between babyfurs and ABs? I'm not really talking about "Well there are furries and not furries". But more like what are the differences between "cubbing out" and being a baby?

Personally, there's not much of a difference for me. I'm just always a huskypup and I'm not really looking to become more of a puppy in the Bow-wow sense of roleplay. And at babyfur parties at cons it seems much more like an AB/DL get together than anything else.

But have you noticed differences?

Noises. noises and actions;
    I often find that when cubbing out with others they'll use sounds that are linked to whatever species they see themselves as. For instance I've cubbed out with another pup who growls playfully to get attention, yaps etc. I've cubbed out with a fox fur too who likes to snuffle around friends (rapid sniff/snort/sniffing) and yip and yap. I've been known to purposely add a little canine like whine to yawns if I'm cubbed out, even to the point of curling the end of my tongue. Then there's the playful cub like rough-housing, pouncing each other, whines, playful growls, yelps and the occasional nomming of limbs or ears dependent on how familiar the playmate is.

I've yet to meet an ab who yelps or whines (like a pup) when they unintentionally get hurt or one who likes to chew/ suck on their friends, though of course im not saying it never happens.

Pretty much.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

All I can add is...dang he covered it all. RPing is different. That's all I got.

Shoot, all I can say is that my fursona is who I am. And pup had it right when I am not cubbing out and am a ab it is more baby talk when a cub I am more wimpers yips and howls and rough pup play.

AndrewThatsMyName

Im a Mostly a DL, but I know of Fur culture, the culture difference is so different, it's almost indescrible. Two seperate topics, in other words.

I find myself doing the little weasel noises like the others do the little pup noises. I also do weasel war dances when I get really excited, hopping around and all that. It's fun. Although I am a bit more coordinated than the ferrets...they tend to smack their heads into things.

Oh, and I caught myself 'dooking' at the TV last night instead of laughing. Which sent me into a fit of regular giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThatsMyName View Post
    Im a Mostly a DL, but I know of Fur culture, the culture difference is so different, it's almost indescrible. Two seperate topics, in other words.
    How is it so much different? I think a lot of things are the same. I take care (online AND rl) for both AB's and Babyfurs. I don't think they're that much different. Only, like it was said before, the sounds and movements are different. A cub is more likely to walk on 4 "paws", for example, while an AB likes to crawl on hands and knees. And just like Pup, CJ, Kiba and Woozle said: the noises are also different. But other then that, i can't name any other difference. I understand how you can say they aren't the same, but indescribable (not indescrible lol) is highly excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMira View Post
    But other then that, i can't name any other difference. I understand how you can say they aren't the same, but indescribable (not indescrible lol) is highly excessive.
    They're actually quite a bit the same in the way of activities. I mean real babies and young animals do a lot of the same activities. They eat, drink, crawl, mouth things...it's just one has fur.

I think sometimes the stuff is different. A babyfur might lean towards having lots of stuff with animal themes, pawprints and the like, while a *B would be more likely to have other things. It's not always true, though. I know that as a fur I really like finding things with animal themes...like the Fisher-Price Animalville toys.