Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nappy leaking over night

Red face Nappy leaking over night

I've been wearing regularly for about 6 months now due to incontinence.

Almost every other night I wake up with a leak from around the waistband bit.

The brand of nappies I use is on my photos.

Any advice?

AmbezeSubHealth

I looked at the diapers available in the UK it dose not seem like you could do better.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbezeSubHealth View Post
    I looked at the diapers available in the UK it dose not seem like you could do better.

Good luck.
    Many thanks.

I did try every sample pack I could find.

I can't really think of anything except to maybe get larger diapers if possible, the larger size may have more padding in that area and/or come higher up.

Perhaps some plastic pants would help contain the leak so your bed stays dry. Also I've been told that cloth diapers are the best at night cause they help prevent leaks in the waist area. Again that is what I've been told as I have not used cloth diapers.

It would be interesting to know if it's a capacity issue or an aim issue... might not be the most comfortable thing but maybe try a lightweight jock strap under the diaper to keep you pointed down just long enough to see if that stops the issue... if not it's capacity and you know to look at other brands of diaper.

even though another diaper might advertise the same absorbancy the gel might be more strategically placed for your use.
    Last edited by flguy; 24-Jan-2011 at 17:49. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by jtall66 View Post
    It would be interesting to know if it's a capacity issue or an aim issue... might not be the most comfortable thing but maybe try a lightweight jock strap under the diaper to keep you pointed down ...
    I did think that it might an aiming issue. I will give this a go.

I wear a premium diaper, the Abena X-Plus, and I wear a size larger than I might need. Still I sleep on my side and occasionally they would leak out the overlap. I took to wearing a lined plastic pant over them some time ago, first at night then more generally. I get these from Kins in Vancouver, Canada; perhaps there is a supplier closer to you. Once in a while my diapers will still leak but those leaks are always caught in the overpant. Plastic pants without anything inside them to absorb the urine are useless, by the way.
    I have never, ever, had a leak go beyond that plastic pant. I have total faith in this combination. That's a nice feeling. Since most of the time the lined plastic pants never get wet I can use the same pair for days, too. Of course, if they do get wet I just get a clean/dry one for the next diaper change.

I'd try another brand - the new Lilfit pads aren't that great, I've found. Give Tena Slip (Super or Maxi) or Contifit (Plus or Maxi) a go.