Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Hello there. 'DL and maybe AB starting to break out of his shell.

  1. #1

    Smile Hello there. 'DL and maybe AB starting to break out of his shell.

    Hello.

    I still get sort of embarrassed and shy when it comes to expressing my DL/fetish and D/s interests to people. I just started some other profiles on sites related to DL or fetish lifestyles and so far the people that I've met have been very friendly. I learn a lot more about AB/DL from reading here though. I hope to contribute more in the future but I might need some more time to get acclimated here. I understand, that to fully explore these feelings that I have and learn more about myself, I need to reach out to those that are a part of the fetish world. I need to do this to understand my sexuality and how deeply I belong to this lifestyle.

    I used to dj for about 17 years, so I'm really into music. I create/mix/remix electronic music. I've been a vegetarian for 20 years and I'm atheist with a little on the agnostic side. I have a lot of "geeky" interests such as anime, rpg's, star trek, origami etc.

    Well, take care everyone and thank you all for listening.

  2. #2

    Default

    Hello Shy.

    Glad that you're looking at ADISC, being as you're just 'coming out' as it is. Don't worry to much about being nervous, 'cause most of the people here are very nice and (almost) noone bites :3
    This is a support community after all, so take all the time ya need.

    Also, I'd be very interested in listening to some of the work you've done.
    I'm pretty big into Electro, and especially remixes.

    Hope to see you around, getting used to things.
    Maybe even the chat one day if ya feel up to it.
    Oh, and as a side note, awesome 'stache btw

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Shyquiettype View Post
    Hello.

    I still get sort of embarrassed and shy when it comes to expressing my DL/fetish and D/s interests to people. I just started some other profiles on sites related to DL or fetish lifestyles and so far the people that I've met have been very friendly. I learn a lot more about AB/DL from reading here though. I hope to contribute more in the future but I might need some more time to get acclimated here. I understand, that to fully explore these feelings that I have and learn more about myself, I need to reach out to those that are a part of the fetish world. I need to do this to understand my sexuality and how deeply I belong to this lifestyle.

    I used to dj for about 17 years, so I'm really into music. I create/mix/remix electronic music. I've been a vegetarian for 20 years and I'm atheist with a little on the agnostic side. I have a lot of "geeky" interests such as anime, rpg's, star trek, origami etc.

    Well, take care everyone and thank you all for listening.

    Welcome to ADISC! Your introduction is excellent, as you told us about why you came here and what your interests outside of *B/DL are. If I might ask, why did you decide to become a vegetarian? Oh, and you mentioned that you like anime...I'm not into anime, but you might find people are in some of the groups listed here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/search.php?searchid=356154 (Let me know if the link doesn't work.)

    I've personally found this to be an excellent place to find out more about *B/DL. Don't worry about not contributing much when you first join: my first post/introduction (see my signature) was made 3 months after I joined.

    Side note: I noticed in your profile's personal space that you mentioned you are looking for a D/s relationship. However, since there are minors here, looking for a relationship here is against the rules. Therefore, I would advise that you remove that section and replace it - perhaps with some parts of your introduction.

  4. #4

    Default

    Welcome! I am new on here as well. I know how you feel... I am very shy with my DL thing and recently found this group and I feel bit more comfortable expressing my DL side on here. I am an atheist too, by the way.

  5. #5

    Default

    Thank you all for the welcome.



    Quote Originally Posted by Shinx View Post
    Hello Shy.

    Also, I'd be very interested in listening to some of the work you've done.
    I'm pretty big into Electro, and especially remixes.

    Hope to see you around, getting used to things.
    Maybe even the chat one day if ya feel up to it.
    Oh, and as a side note, awesome 'stache btw
    I'm still uploading some tracks I've made and remixed, but here's one you might like.

    Depeche Mode - But Not Tonight (Cylume Remix) by Cylume on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

    'About the 'stache... Thank you. I call it my "Scruffy" look. I try shaving it but it keeps coming back.



    Quote Originally Posted by HogansHeroes View Post
    If I might ask, why did you decide to become a vegetarian?
    Well... in a nutshell, because animal muscle is very similar to human muscle and It's a bit like eating people, to me. I don't do it for animal rights, although I feel very strongly about that.



    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPotter View Post
    I am an atheist too, by the way.
    Hurray! for Atheists.

  6. #6

    Default

    Hey. For a shy quiet type you are going about coming out of the shadows quite properly; that is,, you still probably feel unsure if we really are as safe as the rest of seem to assume, and want to get used to the water temperature before even thinking about the deep end.

    Seriously, you should - as you are doing - reveal yourself slowly, and at your own rate; it can be hard to know what to say about oneself that stays neutral but still helps us to get to know you. My formula in the beginning was to say less about my activities and personal situation and rather, to let my style say more about me than my content: like if I tell a joke this says I am a joker, and shows my sense of humor; whatever the joke might have been about.

    Many newcomers figure telling us they like diapers, and further, what they like to do with them and in them makes them attractive; you avoided that nonsense and it is conspicuous by its absence.

    Well done. This means you have been reading up on Adisc, what we like in an intro, our rules, basically what defines our culture, and you have done your homework as to how to go about fitting in. Just that fact increases my estimation of you.


    I say all this not only to praise you directly but for anyone who happens to read this thread - which might be hundreds over time.

    Leadership by example: you are of to a good start.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 25-Jan-2011 at 02:49.

Similar Threads

  1. Starting Over My Intro
    By Drakesor in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-Mar-2010, 05:29
  2. Which shell do you use?
    By chevre in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-Apr-2008, 09:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.