Thread: Amazon donwloader and amazon support!

Default Amazon donwloader and amazon support!

I am tired of amazone there downloader sucks and corrupts files. They wont admit it not to mention they wont accept help by email (except after i emailed them a lot). Please read this and tell me what you think of how there dealign with the problem for this game i want to download. Note: I took out the linkes well most of them. This is also in order from the most resent to read from first email look at the bottom. Anyone else having trouble with amazons downloader?

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems downloading with the Amazon Games & Software Downloader. There are many reasons this can happen, and we offer several solutions for these problems here:

Amazon.com Help: Troubleshooting for Game/Software Downloads

Pausing a Game or Software download should not cause the file being downloaded to be corrupted. If you encounter this issue after deleting the corrupted download and redownloading the file, please let us know so that we can take a look at the file itself.

Please be aware that the bundled games you are downloading are very large files. Files this size generally take at least 1-2 hours per gigabyte to download, and each game you are downloading is over 6.9 gigabytes.

* ArmA 2 -- 7700 MB (7.7 gigs)
    * ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead -- 6900 MB (6.9 gigs)

Since you mentioned before that you do not want to call us for real-time troubleshooting, if the tips in the Help pages don't fix the problem and you need more assistance, please write back to us with the following information so we can look into this further:

* The action you're trying to take.
    * The exact error message you see (if any).
    * What is the current state of the download?
    * The browser and operating system you're using.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

Thanks for using Game/Software Downloads.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
    If no, please click here:
    Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Krysti S.
    Amazon.com
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
    http://www.amazon.com/your-account

---- Original message: ----

--------------
    01/22/11 09:31:31 PST
    NAME: zach
    COMM ID: aewuggwc3298439615
    COMMENTS:
    I am not the only one having trouble with your donwloader. Your downloader corrupts files for a lot of people when paused you need to fix this becuase its a problem with how you scripted it. This gets annoying becuase I can not dowload it all day without pausing. With my sisters on the internet slowing it down it takes forever to donwload. PLEASE FIX IT FAST. I want to play the game i paid for, it is realy annoying to buy a game only to not be able to play it becuase the companies donwloader wont work right. This is one reason why I know a lot of people who don't use amazon.If you won't fix it I would at least want half of my money back since I could only download one part of the game that works.

Hello Zach,

I'm really sorry you haven't been able to get "ArmA2: Combined Operations" downloaded successfully. In order to troubleshoot one of the first things you want to try is completely uninstalling and then reinstalling the Amazon Games and Software downloader to ensure that its not a problem with the downloader you have installed currently. I have looked into the order and noticed that the file sizes for both games included in the download are 7700 MB and 6900 MB. The excessive file size may be causing issue with the duration of the download, epically if your not running on a very fast high speed internet.

Once done visit Your Games & Software Library page to try downloading again. To do this:

1. Right click the Games & Software Downloader task tray application and select "Open Download Folder...".
    2. Locate your game or software in the directory, right click and select "Delete".
    3. Visit the Games & Software Library page at https://www.amazon.com/YourGamesAndSoftware.
    4. Locate your game or software in the list.
    5. Select the computer you want to download to.
    6. Click the "Download" button.

The download will start in a few moments. If you also need a product key, activation key, or registration key to complete the installation and activate your software, you'll also find that information on the Your Games & Software Library page.

If you are still experiencing the same issue with the corrupt download when you pause the downloader we may need to look deeper into the issue and have it submitted to our developers. If this is the case we will need you to call us directly for some real-time troubleshooting.

If you have any other questions or concerns, you can reach us by phone directly and toll free by clicking the Contact Us option in the right-hand column of our Game/Software Downloads Support pages at:

Amazon.com Help: Game/Software Downloads

Contacting us through the website allows you to verify security before a call is placed and ensures we have your account information ready when we call you. We're available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. PST, 7 days a week.

You can also email us back at this link:

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

I hope this helps.

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Benny M
    Amazon.com

---------------
    01/12/11 17:54:28
    Your Name:zach
    Other info:corrupt
    Comments:Your software installer will corrupt files when the pause button is used. Please send me a response other then telling me to call on the phone I wont call, i cant call and i am tired of being asked to do so. I am using windows 7 if that is something you need to know. This is getting annoying i cant keep my computer running for 9-12 hours straight without doing a thing on it becuase your download sofware slows down my computer.
    ---------------

Hello Zach,

In order to resolve this issue, we would like to speak with you over the phone so we can gather more information and preform some real-time troubleshooting.

To call us, please click the Contact Us box on the right side of our Help pages:

Amazon.com Help: Game/Software Downloads

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,

Justin
    Amazon.com

01/06/11 16:37:25
    Your Name:zach
    Other info:Your donwloader for games corrupts it when its paused!
    Comments:Whenever i download games and press pause it corrupts file wich sucks becuase i then have to download 9 hours worth without a single pause!! You need to fix that please.
    ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by cavemans View Post
    I am tired of amazone there downloader sucks and corrupts files. They wont admit it not to mention they wont accept help by email (except after i emailed them a lot). Please read this and tell me what you think of how there dealign with the problem for this game i want to download. Note: I took out the linkes well most of them. This is also in order from the most resent to read from first email look at the bottom. Anyone else having trouble with amazons downloader?
    1. You may want to redact (remove) your name from this chain.
    2. I think they have shown patience and are trying to help you. Look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Rep
    If you are still experiencing the same issue with the corrupt download when you pause the downloader we may need to look deeper into the issue and have it submitted to our developers. If this is the case we will need you to call us directly for some real-time troubleshooting.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    1. You may want to redact (remove) your name from this chain.
    2. I think they have shown patience and are trying to help you. Look at this:
    What do you mean? I know there trying to help but its getting annoying.

There isn't a whole lot they can do though with the information given. As I read it, they are trying to narrow down what could be causing the issue so they can better figure out how to help/fix it. So far, from reading, you haven't told them you've done any of what they have said to try, so they know as much about it from the first e-mail to the last e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    There isn't a whole lot they can do though with the information given. As I read it, they are trying to narrow down what could be causing the issue so they can better figure out how to help/fix it. So far, from reading, you haven't told them you've done any of what they have said to try, so they know as much about it from the first e-mail to the last e-mail.
    Yup.

cavemans, your next step is clear: give them a call and see if they can troubleshoot the file corruption that you see with pausing and resuming. In IT, nothing is more frustrating than getting in a "bug report" on something that is (a) not a bug, or (b) easily fixed if the person would just talk for 5 minutes with an engineer, or (c) not hearing back after initial contact.

Thanks but dont you think that the first few emails were just auto responses from a computer?

Quote Originally Posted by cavemans View Post
    Thanks but dont you think that the first few emails were just auto responses from a computer?
    You have a thousand billion trillion customers.

90% of these are calling to ask something covered in the FAQ.
    5% of these are calling just to bitch someone out and are foaming at the mouth.
    4% are calling to demand to return a product.
    0.9% are calling to see if you're housed in India.
    0.1% are calling with a valid concern, not covered in the FAQ, that will need further help.

In this situation, you automate when you can, specialize and train when you cannot, and hire a team of people armed with good software to make the second-pass triage decision.

This is all for naught here, though: did you call them as they suggested? What did the technical staff member say?

Incidentally, you may want to tell them that you've looked here and here, and followed the suggestions given. This is better than, "your software sucks and I'm not the only person who thinks so." See, this doesn't make them want to help you, it makes them want to put you through hoops. It's always nice to hear that people are trying to do proactive things rather than demanding an engineer NOW at the first sign of trouble (see above).

Actually, you know what? Screw it. Get your money back and do business with someone else. I get the sense that you'll never be happy, no matter how they provide remedy.

I doubt I'll be wasting too much more of my time in this thread, but a quick search on the Internet would be helpful. In future, when asking for help, it is important to keep in mind that you are asking someone else to spend their time--a precious commodity--on you. It would help your case to make this as quick and easy for the other party as possible. HINT: define "corrupt" to Amazon. Not me, as I'm out to do important things, but to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Amazon Support Guy
    ...epically if your not running on a very fast high speed internet.
    I actually long for Indian-based support. They at least know English.