Thread: ABU sample pack

Default ABU sample pack

I recently bought a sample pack of diapers from ABU and I figured I would talk about them.

Raccoon asked my thoughts on it so i figured I would share and see what other people thought.

I don't have much experience with good diapers so thats why i bought the pack, i was able to tell them by reviewing the page i ordered them from that shows names and photos.

So, It took about 5-6 days for shipping, but that was over a weekend and a holiday. They came in a relatively small box which was super discrete, I wasn't even sure if it was diapers or school books

I have only worn the abu super dry kids so far, I found the single tape awkward and gave a lot of extra plastic on-top of the diaper. I ordered them in medium but i found it was kind of large for me, 30" waist.

To Racoon- They did not include plastic pants in the pack.

I got a pair of sample packs around christmas, figured ONE of each isn't really an accurate test. The M4's were the only ones I'd had experience with. Overall it was kinda bland. The cushies were the ones I was looking forward to testing. Don't seriously wet them... they're probably the MOST likely to leak of the entire pack. Some will say they're the best looking, but they're one of the worst performing

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I got a pair of sample packs around christmas, figured ONE of each isn't really an accurate test. The M4's were the only ones I'd had experience with. Overall it was kinda bland. The cushies were the ones I was looking forward to testing. Don't seriously wet them... they're probably the MOST likely to leak of the entire pack. Some will say they're the best looking, but they're one of the worst performing
    I agree, I absolutely love the ABU Cushies but I wouldn't dare attempt to wet one. I would say the Bambino Teddy diapers would be the only best of both worlds kind of diaper.

I wish i could get some nice diapers from online, if i could id try the abu cushies. They look nice and I hear good reviews about them, also I want some abenas, they look awesome^^

The cushies are really cute. I tried a tranquility atn. I thought it was really absorbent and super super comfortable to wear

after several tests with the cushies and drykids, I stand by my assessment that you can't wet them with any safety. Even small wettings while on your back run almost immediately to the rear edges, and unless you are completely on trickle, you're going to leak, there's just no way to avoid it. Sides of your cheeks feel wet immediately. This is the only diaper I've tried that behaves this badly. I don't think any of their development time went into actual function.

That being said, they're the crinkliest diaper I've ever worn. The shell material is similar to the front crinkly panel on the teddies, but it's the whole diaper that way, so they're extremely loud when you walk. There's simply no way to hide it, I don't care what you wear over it. But if crinkly is your thing, that's great I guess. I kinda like that at home, but there's simply no way I can wear this in public.

At first I was very skeptical of the one-tape thing. But after I realized there was just no hope of leakproofing the diaper, my attitude changed. One tape is a really bad idea for an adult diaper, because getting a leakproof fit is really tricky. But since that's out the window, I just went for comfortable fit. The single tape can deliver on this if you know right where to put the tape. The width of the tape makes the angle you put it on very important, since it can't twist at all. The tapes are the stickiest I've seen, yet can be moved once or twice without a problem.

My opinion on the pattern on the diaper is neutral, it's nothing too special. At least it's not striped like so many others are. I think they'd do well to release an all-white version myself. The stars and other geometrics really don't say anything one way or the other, and don't really look like they belong. They seem to say "at least we're not stripes" and that's about it.

Durability is somewhat low. I don't know how much they clump when wet because if you're wet you change or you leak, and I'm not fond of leaks. They do bunch up in the crotch fairly quickly however, which I was expecting to make the leak issue worse. Their only saving grace there is the leak guards seem to be larger and tighter fitting, I noticed this last night. With other diapers I've noticed that if you can lift the cuff up on the crotch easily (because you haven't taped it tight enough around the legs) the leak guards are starting to gap as you've lifted up the cuff. (this is a particular issue with the bambino) The cuffs on the cushies are loose by default, but checking under them the leak guards are still firmly seated, which really surprised me. I don't know offhand if they're sized differently or using stronger elastic, it just works that way.

Thanks for sharing your experience, bambinod. I've been thinking about getting a sample pack and your review will definitely help!