Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do?

Default What to do?

I am not a furry by any means but I respect them and i dont want people spreading rumors and stuff about them but recently while playing on one of my favorite servers one of the people on there started saying bad things about furries that he saw from a movie. I want to say something about it but idk what to say and I don't want to leave the server becuase one person ruins it. What do i do?

I think it's enough to have pride. I've spent four years fighting for others in a high school situation, and the best advice I can give is to just let it go. Cyberbullies and just plain angry people won't be deterred, even if they get kicked off the site for it. In their eyes it's everyone else's fault.

As long as you "preach tolerance" to your friends and family so that they understand that it's important then you're doing good.
    Personally I've had to struggle with telling people to stop making fun of someone for being babyish without letting on that I know a more intimate side of it.

The people you hold close are your responsibility, but the cowards that hide behind the animosity of the internet aren't worth the frustration.

You're heart is in the right place. If you KNOW something is wrong, speak up! That's the best, most helpful advice I can give you. If people wanna talk, let them talk. People do that. They would need proof to actually consider you a furry, so don't worry much!

Koru

They guy is just trolling to look for someone to pick a fight with. Best thing is to let it go. If you start arguing back he's gonna start trolling you and he's gonna get his buddies and it just gets out of hand. No one needs that kinda stress and he, especially, doesn't need an ego boost for being a troll. Proof or no proof, he's gonna call you a furry just for the sake of being argumentative and get a rise from you cause that's what trolls do.

Thank you for thinking of us furs and being supportive!

OK and thanks for the advice i just hate it when people say something about a group they dont know about even if i dont know much about it. I do know though what he was saying was completly wrong.

I'm not furry, but I had to educate my wife on the topic a while ago because all she knew was what she had seen in a fairly graphic furry video that her friend had downloaded as a joke. I think the general public is either really misinformed or just plain doesn't even know about this lifestyle but I certainly won't let people bash it.

Quote Originally Posted by happydl View Post
    I'm not furry, but I had to educate my wife on the topic a while ago because all she knew was what she had seen in a fairly graphic furry video that her friend had downloaded as a joke. I think the general public is either really misinformed or just plain doesn't even know about this lifestyle but I certainly won't let people bash it.
    So what do you do?

I don't know, I wish I had all the answers. I just try to put things in a positive light and remind people that everyone's different. We don't bash this group and therefore we shouldn't bash this other group either. Honestly, I don't really want AB/DL to be too much in the public spotlight anyways because chances are that it will be portrayed in a negative light but I don't know if furries feel the same way or not.

Let it go. People don't always get along, who cares what someone says over the net when they have no clue what they're saying. If someone gives in to such garbage so easily, then they aren't secure enough to understand what they're trying to defend.

Greencat5

let it go, but if the problem persists you can kindly ask him to stop talking about furrys. If he asks why you can say its none of his business or say something like "I have few furry friends and I don't like how your talking about them" or something. However try not to get into a fight.