Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any new info about nuks coming to the usa

Default Any new info about nuks coming to the usa

a while back there was a post about nuk 5's coming to the united states and i was just wondering if there was any new info about this

A few websites in the US already sells them. I just got 2 last week from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...RYEJCT9HH1WJHZ

I wonder how much profit Nuk has made off that giant paci. I guess it's not been enough to spark the interest of their competitors yet. It would be fun to watch different paci producers start vying for that market. Hopefully, they'll never stop production.

Bobbie

Yeah id be cool if they came up with competition from mam and such. Anyways there should be a silicone version

the only thing im wondering though is all the varieties and styles the nuk 5's or is it just the original white one?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAyria View Post
    the only thing im wondering though is all the varieties and styles the nuk 5's or is it just the original white one?
    Probably just the original white one (not the modded ones) as, in the US, they're going to be sold for therapeutic purposes. You'll either still have to special order them or go to a medical shop or something of the sort.

Newborn and Toddler Products - NUK

Bobbie

Maybe if they come to the USA, the demand will rise for silicone for people with latex allergies, and they'll start making them! Or hopefully there could be some silicone competition by mam or something. You'd think companies would notice all this online abdl nuk 5 stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by KitsBunny View Post
    I wonder how much profit Nuk has made off that giant paci. I guess it's not been enough to spark the interest of their competitors yet. It would be fun to watch different paci producers start vying for that market. Hopefully, they'll never stop production.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie View Post
    Maybe if they come to the USA, the demand will rise for silicone for people with latex allergies, and they'll start making them! Or hopefully there could be some silicone competition by mam or something. You'd think companies would notice all this online abdl nuk 5 stuff!
    You mean the medical health market or the really, really, really small AB/TB market? Remember DL's don't like pacifiers unless they have a oral fixation of some kind.

I can see the press release now. Our new pacifer's are speficlly targeted for use by adult's and teenager's who want to be a baby and wear diapers again. This is not for real babies only adult babies which there aren't many of anyway, so we'll likely be at a loss. Have fun stock holders.

Bobbie

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    You mean the medical health market or the really, really, really small AB/TB market? Remember DL's don't like pacifiers unless they have a oral fixation of some kind.

I can see the press release now. Our new pacifer's are speficlly targeted for use by adult's and teenager's who want to be a baby and wear diapers again. This is not for real babies only adult babies which there aren't many of anyway, so we'll likely be at a loss. Have fun stock holders.
    Yeah, but it would be Awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie View Post
    I think that NUK knows somewhat about this little market for their 'Therapeutic Trainer', but it's not like they were made for AB/TB's specifically. It's kind of how like the Hitachi Magic Wand was made for muscle massage, but most of their products are sold for 'personal use'. (And NUK has a whole line of medically-inclined products too, don't forget.) The only reason they should really switch over to silicone is because it's hypoallergenic, potentially increasing the market of these 'trainers'. But it's also probably more expensive to make the switch, and the market for these is still relatively small, so they could also lose money by doing this. It's a clusterfuck, I know.

But I don't think any big company is going to be making AB-specific pacifiers anytime soon, because the western world would throw a fit about it. And if they marketed babyish pacifiers as being for 'older children', pediatricians and pediatric dentists would start complaining and we'd all have this huge shit storm. Hence why the NUK 5 only comes in plain old white. They don't want people to see it as them marketing it to kiddies. It's kind of how they want to get rid of flavored cigarettes in some parts. (Also, it's not like the market would be that big for an AB pacifier either way. If they marketed it for therapeutic use and it was childish-looking, Speech Therapists and their clients would complain about it. But we're lucky to have places like Pacifiers R Us for modded pacis.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I have this whole commercial scene in my head and it disturbs me.