Thread: Hi Everyone

Default Hi Everyone

I am 22 years old. I am a DL with a little bit of AB. I was born with mild cerebral palsy that makes the left side of my body harder to control movements.

I've been interested in diapers since I can remember, since 3 years old or so. I was a constant bedwetter with occasional day time issues until I was 14 years old. When I was 14 years old I stopped wetting the bed completely for 3 or 4 months but then started occasionally wetting the bed again until I was 20 years old. At least it wasn't every night anymore.

I stopped having day time incontinence problems when I just turned 13 years old. When I was 17 years old I started having day time incontinence again for about a month and a half, I had a bug that really messed me up. Luckily it happened during the summer holidays, and stopped before I went back to school, so it didn't really bother me.

During this time I told my mom I was a DL because she thought I was really bothered by having to wear diapers during the day again, which was making her a little bit depressed. It actually made her a little bit happy finding out that I liked diapers, then she knew I wasn't bothered too much by having to wear them constantly for a couple months.

When I was 18 I moved away from home with a friend I went to school with since grade 1 to go to college. I told my friend when I was 15 that I had occasional bedwetting problems and he was cool with it. When I moved in with him I was still having occasional bedwetting problems, so I told him. That way I didn't have to hide it and had an excuse to have diapers in my room.

I'm 22 years old and now working and still living with that same roomate. I actually quite bedwetting when I was 20, but I never told him I stopped bedwetting, and probably never will. That way I still have an excuse to have diapers in my room if he sees them, and I really don't want to tell him I'm a DL. To this day the only person that knows I'm a DL is my mom.

So I havn't had any bedwetting problems for 2 years now, since I was 20 and havn't had any day time problems since I was 17. I'm glad because diapers are fun and all, but I don't like having to use them. Having to use them is fun in theory, but I find that it gets old fast.

Hey Jabo and welcome! It's rare that you hear someone telling their parents that they are DL, and it made them happy, but your case is unique, and I'm sure you made your mom feel much better! Glad you quit wetting the bed -even though you haven't really... must be tough but I suspect after 22 years of it you'd be used to it.

tch can relate to long term bedwetting although mine stopped about 13-14

but anyway welcome.. and enjoy

supp

welcome to adisc

hope u make lots of like-minded friends too!

~ Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
    Glad you quit wetting the bed -even though you haven't really... must be tough but I suspect after 22 years of it you'd be used to it.
    Yah, I'm hoping I don't start wetting the bed again, but only time will tell. Its been about 2 years now without a wet bed, so I can hope. You are right though, by the age of 20 I didn't care that much anymore anyway.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Countdown

Nice introduction!

Sorry to hear about your mild cerebral palsy. I suppose it could've been worse though, right?

Sounds like you've had a rough life dealing with bedwetting and the like. It's great your mom accepts you're a DL though!

Anyway, welcome to ADISC, Jabo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Nice introduction!

Sorry to hear about your mild cerebral palsy. I suppose it could've been worse though, right?

Sounds like you've had a rough life dealing with bedwetting and the like. It's great your mom accepts you're a DL though!

Anyway, welcome to ADISC, Jabo.
    Yah, having cerebral palsy kinda sucks sometimes. But I'm used to it, and it doesn't effect my life much, and it definitly could have been worse.

Thanks for the welcome.