Thread: Want to play Advance Wars?

Default Want to play Advance Wars?

Anyone here play it a lot? I guess I can say it's become one of my favorite game series.

So....
    Anyone want to play? There are two different ways (three, but the third is almost completely unbearable (extremely laggy)...VBALink with a ROM)

First, if you have Days of Ruin, then we can play on DS over wifi. I haven't yet, but I'd like to sometime.

Second, there's Custom Wars. It's a fan-made Advance Wars game with online play. They even created some of their own COs and new units. It includes a map creator too. Also, if you don't want to finish a game in one session, then you can quit and come back to it the next day or whenever. No DS/ROM/emulation necessary. It's a computer game programmed in java.

Wait....technically, there's a fourth way, but it's not really Advance Wars. It's Weewar. And... they have a stupid premium account system (premium members get access to more units. right around when they did that was when I quit playing. You don't even get air or sea units without pro!) I can invite people to this (I think? not sure if I have any invites) and play, but I'd rather play Custom Wars or Days of Ruin.

Come on....
    Someone? Anyone?
    There's a lot of people on this forum... no one wants to play?
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 26-Jun-2008 at 17:04.

I have those, I would play, but I have no network, and my cable, it does not exist.

We can play Custom Wars! It's just a fan-made java Advance Wars game for PC (runs in a small window). Wouldn't that work?

Out of all the people that come here.... so many.... no one wants to play?
    Mr Alex? You still want to give it a try?

Eh, sure. I'll go get out my copy of Days of Ruin. What's your friend code? Mine's 1289-7350-5533.
    Last edited by Sunni; 03-Jul-2008 at 18:21. Reason: Adding Friend code.

Double posting is BAD.

ESPECIALLY twice in a row, just because people aren't interested.

DarkSun, you're not a mod. By they way, I waited a few days until it dropped off the first page. I didn't make 50 posts in one day out of impatience or anything like that. I think this is usually fine.

Sunni, thanks! I'll get my friend code later. Eating dinner now.

I don't need to be a mod to tell you that double posting is bad, do I?

Is it hurting you? No. So don't worry about it. And like I said, I wasn't being unreasonable. Besides, you're kinda derailing the topic.... not exactly a good thing to do either.

And if anyone else wants to play, please let me know.