Thread: Cuddlz Printed Review

Default Cuddlz Printed Review

I've seen a similar post on DD, but thought I'd post my own on here for everyone to see!

Print :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010635.JPG 
Views:	1971 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	3601

Not quite as cute as either of the Bambino prints, but enough to add a bit of cuteness to it!

Folded :

Name:	P1010634.JPG 
Views:	1090 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	3602

As you can see, it's not as thick as the original Cuddlz, but one thing is the plastic is super soft, exactly how I'd imagine a baby nappy to be.

Unfolded :

Name:	P1010639.JPG 
Views:	4449 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	3597

Looks pretty much identical to the old Cuddlz unfolded.

Tapes :

Name:	P1010641.jpg 
Views:	897 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	3603

It has a double tape system, blue for first stick, then white peels off for repositioning, or using blue as a landing zone.

Leg guards:

Name:	P1010644.jpg 
Views:	1482 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	3599

Imo, best leg guards I've seen on a nappy, really feel snug and babyish!

Fit/Shape:

Name:	P1010642.jpg 
Views:	4518 
Size:	172.9 KB 
ID:	3598

Name:	P1010643.JPG 
Views:	2159 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	3600

Fit really nicely around the legs and groin, and super soft padding too! Really good fit!

Conclusion:

The plastic is really soft, and feels awesome when taped in. Really helps to regress! The print makes you feel babyish, and is cute enough. The double tape makes sense, and is handy for repositioning. The waistband is good too, allows for movement in bed.

However, it is nowhere near as thick as the original Cuddlz, between the legs it is like cotton wool, rather than the pillow from the old ones! So it won't give the waddle many might hope for.

The biggest downside for me, is the absorbency is shocking. I slept in it dry, and that was nice and comfy. But, in the morning after wetting, the filling felt like soggy balls of cotton wool, and sunk to the bottom of the nappy. I went back to sleep in it, but most of the thickness had gone from the legs.

It also couldn't take a second wet without needing an instant change - it was like a water balloon between my legs! No leaking, but I'm sure it was very close!

In conclusion, the new Cuddlz would be good for baby play, as it definitely gives a good babying experience. But for the price, they are no good for extended wearing...

Hope this has been helpful!

Hmm. Odd. I was wearing one yesterday evening and it took several wettings without leaking. Have you actually measured its capacity?

Loopygone

such a shame, I noticed the lowering of absorbency with my last batch of plain cuddlz. That coupled with the creepy design means I won't be buying these again. There are better play diapers out there, there are better absorbing diapers out there.

Cuddlz really shot them selves in the foot this time. I'll stick to abenas for now :X

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    Hmm. Odd. I was wearing one yesterday evening and it took several wettings without leaking. Have you actually measured its capacity?
    I only got a sample pack so haven't got a spare one to try it out with - but I know that the plain white Cuddlz took a good 2 or 3 wettings, with this printed one the filling clumped and moved to the bottom of the nappy after the first wet; the second almost burst out of it...

I'm certainly not flooding it, and roughly the same amount of liquid per wet as with the old Cuddlz...

I'll wear again tonight, and see how this one fairs. I definitely notice it is about half as thick as the old Cuddlz though, both dry and wet![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    such a shame, I noticed the lowering of absorbency with my last batch of plain cuddlz. That coupled with the creepy design means I won't be buying these again. There are better play diapers out there, there are better absorbing diapers out there.

Cuddlz really shot them selves in the foot this time. I'll stick to abenas for now :X
    I'm looking at getting some Molicare or Abena Abri-Form X-Plus from Dorset Nursing - are either of these as good as the old Cuddlz?

I'm assuming Cuddlz have found a cheaper supplier - that's the only reason I can guess for the significant change of filling - but if they've manufactured the plain white the same way, I'll definitely be going away from them! *sadface*

Loopygone

Both are good nappies, like I said I prefer the x-plus my self, and feel they held a little more then the old cuddlz :P. I also got some of the abrilet maxi's from DNS, they're great stuffers :P

Both are good nappies, like I said I prefer the x-plus my self, and feel they held a little more then the old cuddlz :P. I also got some of the abrilet maxi's from DNS, they're great stuffers :P
    Do the x-plus go firm like the old Cuddlz, or squishy and clumpy like I found with the printed? Or if they go squishy, does the padding hold together? Thanks Loopy!

I'm glad I'm not alone on that design. >_> The print just looks a little too... large. And the color scheme makes me think of office supplies.

Edit to add: I've never tried Abena. I tend to look for the thickest thing possible. I for one ain't looking for discreet. :O

I contacted cuddlz ages ago, before they did the print nappy, i suggested they do a printed nappy but it would be good to hold some competition for abies to send in there own designs and then be allowed to vote on the best one, they obviously took no notice of my idea and went ahead with this ugly print and now i hear they are not as thick as they used to be, wont be dealing with them until they change the print to something more cute and make them thicker again, i also think the 2 tape system is rather silly on a nappy with a resealable tape panel, the 2 tape thing is so old fashioned and was replaced by the taping panel, i cant recal nappies ever having both tape systems.

Loopygone

Quote Originally Posted by ukdl1989 View Post
    Do the x-plus go firm like the old Cuddlz, or squishy and clumpy like I found with the printed? Or if they go squishy, does the padding hold together? Thanks Loopy!
    I found that they go firm first, then squishy when soaked. The padding can fall apart, especially with lots of walking about and the like, but with general home use they hold together well .

FadeLB: X-plus's are one of the thickest on the market, only the dry24/7's are thicker. Add a couple of stuffers and they have a nice bulk :P.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeLB View Post
    I'm glad I'm not alone on that design. >_> The print just looks a little too... large. And the color scheme makes me think of office supplies.

Edit to add: I've never tried Abena. I tend to look for the thickest thing possible. I for one ain't looking for discreet. :O
    The design on this makes me think of multi-colored Bart Simpson babies. I really wish some of these places would take Star Child's idea and run with it. Work up a bunch of designs and let people vote for their favorites. What bothers me is that the designs don't look cute, they usually just look deformed or 'junky'.