Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult diapers My first in store experence.

Default Adult diapers My first in store experence.

I’ve often gotten kids diapers in stores but always ordered my adult ones online. After reading stories by the members here of their purchases I decided I should give it a try. Though they list some of my favorites like Molicare and Tena ATN on their websites in other visits I saw the local drugstores don’t carry them. Reading here I decided on Walgreens max briefs. Someday…
    Saturday 06/14/08 after spending the day at Mystic Seaport I stopped in at the local strip club for a couple of beers. I played a few games & caught up with a few friends working there. About 7:30PM I decided to leave before I had too many beers to drive. A half-hour from home the urge hit me and I stopped at a Walgreens. It was a downpour out with thunder and lightning, there were few other customers. I went to the back and grabbed the pack I wanted. Arriving at the checkout there were two customers ahead of me and the lead one had a problem. The cashier called the manager. Just ahead of me was a hot young girl about 25. Behind me two hoods and one of them said “yo look what he’s buyin”. The other chuckled quietly. The manager told the cashier to open on the photo counter while she worked with the problem customer. Hottie went and I followed, the hoods stayed. She bought Twizzlers and a gift card, $30.15. She had trouble finding the change. My turn! The cashier was a young man, still with a bit of acne trouble. He wore a necklace of mini handcuffs with a heart shaped lock. I got the impression he was advertising he was a sub gay into the S&M/B&D thing. Not my thing but I’m OK with it and cool he has the balls to wear that to this kind of job. I thought about the secret signal thread. He scanned the pack, $10.99, I gave him a 20 and got $9.00 back. He seamed more nervous than I. He said, “Oh a bag”. I said, “that’d be good”. But he couldn’t get them in the bag so I did it. I grabbed the bag and left. With a two-beer buzz it was no sweat.
    I’d do it again if they sold decent diapers. The Walgreens fitted briefs maximum absorbency medium are passable diapers. Cloth like cover that doesn’t weep through. Refastenable Velcro type tapes that held on all night. They held two wettings OK but not like a Molli or ATN better than Depends. They have no waist elastic! Front or back! After I got up and gave them a morning wetting they definitely did the “droopy diaper” thing while I brushed my teeth.

Nam

First off used the space bar and do full paragraphs. Second, yeah its not that big of a deal buying adult diapers in a store.

congrats man...it's all downhill from here.
    only gets easier to buy em

Buying diapers in store made me really nervous the first few times. The first time I bought diapers in a store it took like 3 times in the store before I worked up the nerves to actually pick them up off the shelf and buy them. I finally worked up the nerves to buy them because I decided to go right at 9am when the store opened so that there was pretty much no people in there.

It is nerve racking the first time, but you will live thru it, I have never encountered any smart ass kids, all the people I did bussiness with were cool and professional.

It could be because I'm old, and they really did think I need them....LOL

Your not old Bee, your only old when you stop having fun. And you have not stopped having fun as of yet.

What an ordeal! The last time I bought Goodnites at Walmart's, I discovered my drivers license was out of date, and they wouldn't cash the check. The girl at the register got her manager and it suddenly became a big deal. What a rush!

“First off used the space bar and do full paragraphs.”
    We are here to talk about diapers not the fact I graduated with a D average in english right? I paid a lot of money for that Office 97 I type my posts in before pasting them here. Take it up with Bill Gates…

Thanks to the rest of you guys! It was a fun experience. I did it more to identify with the problems faced by the younger members here than to get the diapers. I prefer cloth and can get disposables on line when I want them.
    I’m an old fart too at 48 but still a kid inside.
    Still it was kind of an addictive rush. I might have to try the CVS briefs some time soon.

Nam

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    Thanks to the rest of you guys! It was a fun experience. I did it more to identify with the problems faced by the younger members here than to get the diapers. I prefer cloth and can get disposables on line when I want them.
    I’m an old fart too at 48 but still a kid inside.
    Still it was kind of an addictive rush. I might have to try the CVS briefs some time soon.

Nam

I use CVS brand...I like them...I would like to use better ones, but you can't beat the cheap price of them