Thread: Hello. Starting out ojn the right foot?

Cherub

Default Hello. Starting out ojn the right foot?

Hello, I am dlCherub. I found this site, by accident when searching for Marshmallow supreme, LOL. Needless to say I found the infamous marshmallow thread. Well, I have read a few threads and got an idea of this site and decided to join and post an introduction. As with most everyone, I am a DL, as my screen name hints to. At the moment all I will say is that I have been interested in diapers since an early age, so nuff said about that for now. I am a member on other forums, I wont bore with details right here, however having been around looking at other sites, this site seems to be a great one to join up with. Many of the comments and replies made me laugh, which showed me that many of you get along very well with each other here and have a great sense of humor. I like humor as much as the next guy and that is also part of why I am here introducing myself.
    I obviously want to be well received and hope I am getting off on the right foot with my first thread being a introduction. Believe me I wanted to jump right in and start some replies on some of the threads I've already read. But if I want to be liked I must play by the rules right from the start.
    So, my other hobbies are hiking, mountain biking. The type of biking I do is like the dirt or gravel trails through the woods. I am not really into the extreme biking where one rides near cliffs or on some potentially hazardous terrain. I have a 30 foot travel trailer and like to go camping. I started out camping in tents, but once I upgraded, I retired the tent, lol. I like swimming and spending time with family and friends. However my friend making skills have recently been put to the fire as I recently moved several states away from my home state of Ohio. I have made some new friends here, and hope to continue doing so on this website as well.
    I also had to get a new job as I mentioned before, I moved. I moved because I recently got married and the wife had a house and I had an apartment. Needless to say it is easier to get out of a lease than a mortgage, so I was the one who had to move. I enjoy my job, I work in the field of security however am considering a career change into the medical field, as it has better benefits and pay.
    I don't want to write a novel nor bore anyone to tears, so I think I will stop here and perhaps if any questions, I can answer them later on this thread as a continuation of my introduction.
    With that said, I hope to have a wonderful stay here on ADISC, and make many more friends.

thank you
    dlCherub

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    Hello, I am dlCherub. I found this site, by accident when searching for Marshmallow supreme, LOL.....Many of the comments and replies made me laugh, which showed me that many of you get along very well with each other here and have a great sense of humor. I like humor as much as the next guy and that is also part of why I am here introducing myself.
    I obviously want to be well received and hope I am getting off on the right foot with my first thread being a introduction. Believe me I wanted to jump right in and start some replies on some of the threads I've already read. But if I want to be liked I must play by the rules right from the start.
    Welcome to ADISC, dlCherub!

Great Intro and you were right in your initial assumption that you would be liked if you played by the rules right from the start. As you probably noticed by now our topics vary widely and the AB/TB/DL portions of the community are a small part of the whole.

You have listed camping, hiking and biking as interests here, have only done a little camping and hiking in Wisconsin and the Mid-west (4th of July 1981). I had been living in Southeast Iowa for a year and was missing the Pacific Northwest. Invited to a friends river cabin in Wisconsin. We swam the brown muddy water and I couldn't get over the thought: Was this really a river? It was nothing like the icy clear blue streams of Washington and Oregon! But at least it was a change of pace from work and enduring the heat and humidity of that summer.

By fall that fall I was back in Oregon swimming in the Umpqua, Applegate and Rogue Rivers.