Thread: Getting caught made it all better....

Default Getting caught made it all better....

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it!

Sure, this is going to sound like a stereotypical "telling my mum" story, but I'd though I'd share my experience, just to show that being honest and truthful with such a unique matter can have a positive outcome.

So, as I mentioned in my introduction a few months ago I'm 18 and from Wales in the UK and have always felt the urge to "wear" from a very young age. I blame this feeling on the fact that I don't get along with my Dad and kind of made my childhood a misery, "wearing" gives me a form of escapism and happyness, that I feel is unique to me.
    Since the age of 14, I took the stereotypical "drynites route", sneakily buying them from Asda/Tesco/Boots and stashing them in my bedroom and wearing them discreetly at night.
    In the past year, I've been ordering all-in-one diapers from Hartmann Direct and through a mobility store in Cardiff, the large city near me.

Due to the bulkyness of the packages of the Molicare Super Plus and Kendall Lille Supremes that I had bought myself, I found a good hiding place underneath the kitchen cupboards....kind of like a void between the bottom shelf of the cupboard and the kitchen floor, the length of the kitchen and about 12 inches high, with a wooden flap that clipped on, concealing it all.

All was fine and I went undiscovered for many months, until a few night ago when I was sat here on my laptop and my mum was rummaging in the cupboards, she spotted the plastic tab from one of my Molicares sticking out of the hiding space, naturally being curious, she pulled it and the wooden flap opened, exposing my stash.

Luckily, at the time I was in quite a bad mood....so when she confronted me, I just let out the whole 18 years worth of "why I do it".....I obviously got bombarded with the "are you incontinent, do you need to see a doctor?" treatment, but by telling her that by wearing to bed I relax and it gives me my form of escapism she seemed to accept it, smile and say "oh well, I suppose you could be self harming or taking drugs".
    I explained the concept that from her perspective, she shouldnt see my pads as being "babyish", but just as an object that gives me my unique way to relax, no matter how eccentric or outlandish it may seem.

All in all, she has accepted my "wearing" as being my own private thing to do, I'm obviously still discreet with it and would never wander around the house blatently showing it off. The fact that she knows has also taken away the whole fear of "getting caught". Now, on the offchance that she spots a small piece of plastic sticking out from my duvet at night, she atleast knows why I do it.

I hope I've given an alternative view upon how opening up and telling the truth can have a good outcome, I'm certainly feeling less embarassed now and am definitely embracing it more!

A158

Quote Originally Posted by a158 View Post
    I obviously got bombarded with the "are you incontinent, do you need to see a doctor?" treatment, but by telling her that by wearing to bed I relax and it gives me my form of escapism she seemed to accept it, smile and say "oh well, I suppose you could be self harming or taking drugs".
    Your profile says you ARE incontinent, though, so what is it? Are you incontinent, or did you just say you were for some arbitrary reason?

On a side note: why would she relate this to drugs? I understand why people in the community do it; they try to deflect what they are doing by saying that they could be doing much worse stuff. Why would a parent ever think that diapers would be a way to not do drugs? That doesn't really make sense.

Thats cool. Glad that worked out for you. I'd love to tell my Mother everything (she knows i wears for bedwetting) but i cant see her being understanding, out of curiosity how do Kendall Lille Supremes work for you? ive got loads of them but i cant seem to get them on right. What a waste

I would think having to wear for bedwetting or being incontinent for a period of time would make it easier to tell your parents. I mean that way they would be more familiar and at least aware of you wearing diapers at all. Wouldn't be so out of the blue or strange and they might find it easier to accept because it would be more understandable.

At least I would think so. Since I never wore a single diaper after being potty trained and never wet the bed, I for years found it impossible to know how to tell my parents because it would feel too weird and have nothing at all to explain it. At times I had actually wished that I wet the bed for a brief time, had to wear diapers for a while when I was growing up, knew someone else who did so that I would have an excuse for my interest. Of course I understand that any of those things might not make it easier but it was (and still is) hard for me to understand such.

But I was able to tell my mom anyways and my parents were alright with it so it worked out, I guess.

This is basically the same thing, except the full credit goes to that when kids like diapers page or whatever its called and me writing a ragequit letter telling them to quit accusing me of being a pedophile or I will burn their house down, never planned to but they listened for once. After they read that page, the next day I got all my stuff back, they reimbursed me for the stuff they threw away, and they dropped all the plans of seeing a psychiatrist etc. They are fine with it, I now have them in a drawer in my room. It's nice when they find out and it all turns out for the better instead of them thinking you are some freak :>.

Cheers!

vladimirharrison

do you like that you got caught or would you have liked to sit them down and talked to them?

I got caught with diapers a few times when I was little (4-6 years). Maybe three times... I think, if my parents remember that, they wouldn't be as shocked. But I don't plan to tell them. No reason to.

I was trained at a young age, never wet the bed, and never had accidents.

You are lucky a158......I think the reason most people keep it a secret is they dont have a parental figure or significant other who would be nearly as supportive as your mum is. You are luckier than most.

Eh. I got caught by my dad. He flipped out and tried to put me in therapy. :P

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonisme View Post
    do you like that you got caught or would you have liked to sit them down and talked to them?
    I personaly got caught in my teens, and to be blunt it f*****g sucked. I won't get into the details (I've done so in another thread) but, luckely for me, things turned out well in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk