Thread: It appears that the Guiness book of World Records is a joke....

Default It appears that the Guiness book of World Records is a joke....

LittleBigPlanet 2 Gunning For World Records No Other Game Could Win

This Video Game World Record Will Blow You Away

Yeah seriously getting a world record is a joke now. anyone can do it with any stupid reason. So yeah...

That not the official Guiness book of World Records that is the Guiness book of World Record, Gamer edtion. A whole new book just for games.

Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition

I didn't even see LPB2 mentioned once. Maybe I wasn't looking or something.

That is not official, it is Kotaku's own thing; like publishers reviews on other video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshinori View Post
    I didn't even see LPB2 mentioned once. Maybe I wasn't looking or something.

That is not official, it is Kotaku's own thing; like publishers reviews on other video games.
    Um... not you didn't see the proper article. They where two of them one with LBP2 and then the other with Mario Galaxy. I'm saying how Guiness is handing them records out like theres no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Um... not you didn't see the proper article. They where two of them one with LBP2 and then the other with Mario Galaxy. I'm saying how Guiness is handing them records out like theres no tomorrow.
    Oh, I'm sorry then. I only clicked the first, I didn't recognize the second one.

LOL @ thinking that Guinness has ever actually mattered. Sure, it's fun to flip through when a new addition comes out, but it's not as if it has ever been some serious scholarly journal or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MarqueeMoon View Post
    it's not as if it has ever been some serious scholarly journal or anything.
    Yeah you are absolutely right. The Guinness brewery originally created the book to stop bar fights.

Because after you've had twelve beers, the debate on who grew the worlds largest potato becomes a very important topic.
    In fact, important enough that you are willing to break the other guy's nose just to prove your point.

I agree that the Guinness book has never been serious, all one needs to do is read the entries inorder to confirm this, lol. Like for instance, I just went to my bookshelf, and am looking at the 2000 edition. For instance there is a entry for "most piercings" (137), "thickest mackup" (6 inches), "heaviest model" (719 pounds) (that includes a photo).... Its all good for a laugh, fun or whatever, but really shouldnt be taken seriously!
    All one needs to do to attempt a record is follow a few simple rules of documenting it, then send it to Guinness for consideration in there book, nothing really official about it , the book is still tons of fun to read though

Guinness world records started out from a company that makes stout beer.

So, when wasn't it a joke?

Also the gamer's edition is wrong. Just cause 2 isn't the biggest open world map in a video game. Fuel has that claim with a landscape bigger then Maine and Rode Island combined.