Thread: Venting

Default Venting

So there's this pretty attractive girl at school that I'm friendly with but having been denying to myself that I'm attracted to for various reasons...I finally admit to myself that I'm attracted to her and prepare to make my move--but while engaging in the necessary Facebook-prep, I discover that she's apparently gay...complete surprise! And, obviously nothing wrong with it, but completely frustrating! Most of the very attractive people at my school are taken already so I thought I'd lucked out--but she's unavailable too!

Anyway, maybe this would have been better as a blog, but had to vent. Anyone else romantically frustrated?

All the girlies at my school are one of three things:

1: Ugly as sin.
    2: Tramps.
    3: Taken.

I was recently asked out, but I wasn't sure if it was a man or not.

...Hmm..

Well now you know why she seemed available and unattached. It does suck, though. It's worse to be gay and attracted to someone of the same sex who is straight. You become so acutely aware that the playing field is so much smaller, and chances for finding that person who fulfills you is a small subset indeed.

That's true. I suppose I should consider my self relatively well off in that regard. Thanks for the perspective!

Ah yes, you are not alone.

I, in my search for a future bride, must find someone of my faith (the single most important factor in my life) who doesn't drink (which is against my religious beliefs)or smoke (since I am allergic to cigarette smoke and the stench on someones clothes reminds me of poor hygiene and turns my stomach). I also cannot stand poor communication such as someone who speaks as though they never graduated from the third grade or are such a blithering idiot that they cannot form a sentence without profanity. Another thing that completely shuts down interest in a potential mate is someone who cannot dress modestly. I am disgusted when I see someone who feels the need to show me their g string or boobs with every outfit.

Also note that I mentioned future bride, I am quick to point out that I am not interested in just going out for fun or because I do not have anything better to do with a Friday night. I date to get to know someone. I get to know someone because I want a relationship that will progress into a healthy marriage. Even as a teenager I did not want to "play the field." I could say "at my age" but it wouldn't be accurate, when I said "I do" at the age of 22 I wanted to be married in body and spirit to that woman for the rest of my life, and to this day it is what I look forward to.

It sucks, but in my opinion the worst is the girl, you really like, that is dating (or dates) a bunch of the asshole crowd all the time. Then, because you are "the friend" they whine and moan about how all guys are evil and mean, before going and dating another guy who is a complete jerk. Drove me up a ****ing wall. I'd much rather find out the girl is gay then deal with that crap over and over.

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by pampersboy25 View Post
    So there's this pretty attractive girl at school that I'm friendly with but having been denying to myself that I'm attracted to for various reasons...I finally admit to myself that I'm attracted to her and prepare to make my move--but while engaging in the necessary Facebook-prep, I discover that she's apparently gay...complete surprise! And, obviously nothing wrong with it, but completely frustrating! Most of the very attractive people at my school are taken already so I thought I'd lucked out--but she's unavailable too!

Anyway, maybe this would have been better as a blog, but had to vent. Anyone else romantically frustrated?
    1. "Necessary Facebook-prep?????"
    2. People will post that they're gay on Facebook in secondary school?? Wow.

I am dismayed at the first, and take the second as a sign of clearly blurring the line between private and public life.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    1. "Necessary Facebook-prep?????"
    2. People will post that they're gay on Facebook in secondary school?? Wow.

I am dismayed at the first, and take the second as a sign of clearly blurring the line between private and public life.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Kids sometimes forget the whole world is watching, or just don't care. On the other hand, its equally likely that she posted 'gay' to fend of unwanted male attention, in the same way that single women sometimes wear faux wedding rings when out on the town.

She didn't post "gay," and wasn't loud about it, it just says at the bottom of her info page that she's interested in women. Anyway.