Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So explain to me exactly what a fur is

Default So explain to me exactly what a fur is

Not trying to be rude or anything. Just curious

im newly out as a baby fur(bf)(cheetah kitten) but my best explantion is that its similar to how ab's feel like babies inside and want to act on those feelings. for furries and baby furs its kinda the same....furries have some type of fursona some feel like a dog....some times a specific breed. some feel like a cat some feel like a bird and on and on and.....but it really is much more than this simple explantion....for instance some of us dream furry/baby fur dreams if that makes any sense....some of us enjoy collars food bowls being brushed etc etc. with baby furs its just a younger version.....

I'm sure it's something you have to be, how should I put this, I guess into? Kinda like an AB or a DL. If you're not into it, you won't understand it completely.

Alecs

Hehe furries. A furry is a person who likes to portray themselves as like half human half animal. Most of the time it's a walking talking animal. Furries also tend to be more cuddly, and in my experience, mostly gay. I really am not good at explaining. Furries are just fun though.

Wiki can explain what a fur is pretty good Furry - WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia

In short it a bunch of people that fantasize or wish being a half human half animal creatures. Some play it out with Roll playing, others by art, and a few that like to wear a fursuits that best represent there fursona.

Thanks for the helpful link, and thanks for the explanations everyone.

I just have one more to add from a realistic POV.

A furry is simply anyone who chooses to identify as one. The is no single explanation as to what a furry is because every one of them is different and has different ideas and opinions. It's a hobby and an interest above all else. waslost mentioned than he/she (and I'm paraphrasing) "feel's like" a particular animal and says that all furries have some sort of fursona that they identify as. This is not always the case.

I can give you a thousand examples of what can be furry, but they don't all apply to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    waslost mentioned than he/she (and I'm paraphrasing) "feel's like" a particular animal and says that all furries have some sort of fursona that they identify as. This is not always the case.

I can give you a thousand examples of what can be furry, but they don't all apply to everyone.
    This one thousand times. Furry is what you make of it more or less.

Some people just like animals, some other people like cartoon characters that happen to be animals and some people actually think they're a particular animal trapped in a human body. I recall reading about a guy who used to go sit on his porch roof and howl at the moon because he thought he was a wolf/coyote.

Like Baskin-Robbins, there are so many flavors to choose from that it's just not easy to explain to people.

Koru

I would have to consider myself a furry because i like to commune with nature. I'm a big hiker and camper and spend a lot of time looking at stars and generally being in the wilderness. I have had and currently make fursuits, so there's a big challenge to produce wonderful and lifelike costumes for other people. It's a way of being anonymous to people while getting to know them, and have a way to protect myself against people trying to harm or look down upon me. But, while I feel these feelings, i still know that I am human and while being furry is a lifestyle, it doesn't affect my human, non-ABDL life.

Completely varries depending on which one you are and why.

To me, a furry is a great roleplayer. They have an animal version of themselves, which becomes them basically. The rest is how extreme or casual you are with it, as any fetish is. Some like it, some live it.