Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Republicans here?

Default Any Republicans here?

Just curious, are there any Republican/right-leaning people here on Adisc? The reason that I ask is because I've seen so many threads on Adisc that are based around bashing the hell out of Republicans/Conservatives for everything they do, and praising and ass-kissing Obama and every other Liberal in congress for whatever they do, no matter what it is that they do. Is there anyone here who is on the side of Republicans and disagrees with what Liberals are trying to do to the system?

(Or could that have just maybe been a stupid question, and I'm probably going to get flamed to death by a bunch of Liberals for being a Republican...)

That's like asking if there are any girls on this site, lol.

I myself take no side, but they are here. S'long as neither is, for lack of a better term, 'screwed up', then I'm ok...
    Last edited by CrypticTaco; 10-Jan-2011 at 02:56.

I am a republican/conservative/libertarian.

Recently I been hitting the libertarian mind of view hard, to the extent I voted that pot should be legal here in CA. Though, I did also vote for Meg Whitman. Yeah, everything I voted for this time went down in utter failure. Anyways, there are other conservatives here besides you or me. It's just that any time there's a debate you'll be pitted against 3-7 liberal's at any given time. Adisc is a gauntlet for republicans/conservatives.

I think because of who we are, that being infantilists, we tend to be more liberal. I'm agenda oriented, meaning that I align myself with representatives who I feel will best represent my interests. Therefor, I'm going to side with a party that supports education (since I'm an educator) and one that supports a more diverse lifestyle. Even though I usually vote Democrat, I don't always, depending on the candidate. Since you live in the same state as I, that being Virginia, you know that conservatives don't favor homosexuality. I would have to believe that they would not support my bi or infantilistic lifestyle either. I'm opposed to censorship, and I can remember when President Nixon tried to control the press.

That said, the Democrats certainly have had their down moments as well. As you must know, our last Governor, Governor Kaine cut funding to education as did Governor Wilder before him. I think the larger problem with elected officials is that they exist to get re-elected. This puts doing what's right on the back burner. I hope I have given you some perspective, at least, my perspective, without feeling flamed. You shouldn't be flamed, and we as a group, should support you for your beliefs. We all live in our own glass houses, and there are way too many rocks lying on the lawn.

Yep, card-carrying Republican here and darn proud of it. Seriously, I actually do keep my Republican National Committee card in my wallet and just sent in my annual dues last week. Yeah, I'm not just a Republican, I'm a SUPER-DUPER Republican. I've told people that I voted for George W. once, and the only reason I didn't vote for him twice was that I was only 17 the first time he ran. Heck, I'd probably turn straight for Sarah Palin. Back in college I was even President of the College Republican's; and yes, GWB's victory party was one heck of a good time, we Republican's know how to party!

I do here what you're saying though, Adisc's membership is for the most part extremely liberal. Hopefully neither of us are going to get flamed for being conservative.

BTW, didn't you just love the "shellacking" Obama and congress got in November? Election night was very good to us.

I'm from a mostly Republican/Conservative family, but me and my 3 siblings are a little more 'on the fence.' I have voted both Republican and Democratic in the past, and I will likely choose candidates from both sides again. There was a thread a little while ago on here for people to state their results on an online political compass. You will find that a majority of the site (who took that test at least) tend to fall somewhere in the Left/Libertarian ends of the spectrums, with some definite exceptions.

I have noticed a lot of political bashing on here, and for that reason I generally do not participate too much in the political threads in the mature topics section. A lot of people feel very strongly about politics. I care, but I don't tend to feel quite as passionately on the topics as many others here.

Nope, neutral-leaning-on-liberal. For the record, I want Obama (and, by extension, his dumbass wife) out of office next year, and I vote for everything with neutrality and humanity in my mind. (And equal rights.) Not all liberals will asspat Obama and every liberal out there if they're acting stupid or inhumanely. Though, since people seem to think 'lolol they did this and I like them so I have to like to too lolol', that happens a lot. Same with republicans. (Oh, and, for the record, I only dislike republicans because they seem to have some freakish, opinionated hatred against anyone that's not them.)

Seriously, man. I don't 'hate' anybody. I try to keep my nose clean and my hands cleaner (except for, y'know... those damned soot marks), but can you blame anybody for being opinionated and biased? That's just the way people are. As long as you're not killing human rights, you're good in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonfiber View Post
    That's like asking if there are any girls on this site, lol.
    I see what you did there. (Get a lady republican all up in here and we can gasp at her like she has a beard!)

And then; to stir the mix up even MORE there's Europeans like me, who think EVEN Democrats and American Liberals are far too conservative for our tastes.

Ex-Republican. Still listen to Beck/Hannity/Rush every now and then when I catch them on the radio (particularly Hannity), but they have arguably distanced themselves from the Republican party as well.

Used to consider myself one until I got older and wiser and saw the rather disgusting social policies they held, and the amount of social authoritarians that had found their way up into the ranks and positions of power. I generally agree with Republican economic policy, but the similarities end there.

I'm not saying the Democrats have a clean slate when it comes to social policies - certainly they have shown gross amounts of ignorance and stupidity on that front, and are not free of blame from trying to prevent us from exercising constitutional rights. I think it is fair to say that Republicans have a far worse track record on that front, however.

I vote both directions in political elections, but I probably lean slightly on the Republican side. Unfortunately until we implement run-off elections, or some other system I haven't thought of, votes for a third-party candidate are mathematically worthless (ideologically, sure, but I don't operate on that level), so it's normally a split between either Democrat or Republican, unless both of them are just incredibly unsavory.

Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    Ex-Republican. Still listen to Beck/Hannity/Rush every now and then when I catch them on the radio (particularly Hannity), but they have arguably distanced themselves from the Republican party as well.

Used to consider myself one until I got older and wiser and saw the rather disgusting social policies they held, and the amount of social authoritarians that had found their way up into the ranks and positions of power. I generally agree with Republican economic policy, but the similarities end there.

I'm not saying the Democrats have a clean slate when it comes to social policies - certainly they have shown gross amounts of ignorance and stupidity on that front, and are not free of blame from trying to prevent us from exercising constitutional rights. I think it is fair to say that Republicans have a far worse track record on that front, however.

I vote both directions in political elections, but I probably lean slightly on the Republican side. Unfortunately until we implement run-off elections, or some other system I haven't thought of, votes for a third-party candidate are mathematically worthless (ideologically, sure, but I don't operate on that level), so it's normally a split between either Democrat or Republican, unless both of them are just incredibly unsavory.
    Single transferable vote might be more your speed. Tough to implement PR in a presidential system, which is a shame, as it's a more proportionate (duh) way of electing a legislature.