Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This IRKS the hell out of me. Drives me nutsy...

Default This IRKS the hell out of me. Drives me nutsy...

Why do people HAVE to use text language when they talk to people? I find it annoying and stupid. I can't figure out half of what they mean. pwnd, for example is one phrase I WILL NEVER FIGURE OUT.

Why do people use it? I mean I admit I use some like LOL, and BRB, but that's about it. Why not just USE language as it is meant to be. Sorry, I am a bit behind on slangs and stuff, and it annoys me a bit.

I think the reason it annoys me so much is because I am a writer, and I've always taken pride in that.

WildThing121675

Countdown

I can tolerate most chatspeak. But this... this... THIS... is just unacceptable:

Quote Originally Posted by some random guy
    now i just r3ad all th3se comm3nts and now all yall papis talkin all this extra crap yall got wash3d and yall no who i am holla at your boi if yall wanna g3t crazzzi chu digg y3a y3a
    Who on God's green Earth writes like that? <_<

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I guess you need this if you come across it again: The AOLer Translator
    LOL That's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by intelligent man
    The hypothesis is incorrect, because the nuclei of the atomic structure is not equal to pi.

Quote Originally Posted by 12-year-old AOLer
    TEH HYPOTHESIS SI INCORECT B/C TEH NUCLEI OF DA A2MIC STRUCTUR3 SI NOT EQUAL 2 PI!!111 WTF LOL

you know what irks me? People that make threads whining about the way people speak if you don't like don't talk to that person.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Why do people HAVE to use text language when they talk to people? I find it annoying and stupid. I can't figure out half of what they mean. pwnd, for example is one phrase I WILL NEVER FIGURE OUT.
    Pwned is gaming speak not really text speak. It is based off of owned and means that you have dominated that person.

Why do people use it? I mean I admit I use some like LOL, and BRB, but that's about it. Why not just USE language as it is meant to be. Sorry, I am a bit behind on slangs and stuff, and it annoys me a bit.
    You sir are a hypocrite you make a thread saying it irks you then proceed to say oh well i use it....just not as much.(no offense but it seems to me you only don't like it because you don't understand because you are behind. WOuld it really be that hard to figure it out)

I think the reason it annoys me so much is because I am a writer, and I've always taken pride in that.

WildThing121675
    See top of my post.
    Last edited by d4l; 15-Jun-2008 at 05:18.

Sorry; I got annoyed when someone was using that pwnd thing, and I admit I am also tired of text language.

If people flame me, so be it. I was just frustrated. I just don't understand the whole text language thing and well, it does annoy me a lot. I had to vent. Flame if you wish, I just don't care, because life is too short to worry about what people think.

WildThing121675

EmeraldsAndLime

I admit to using "lol" sometimes. But only when something is funny, but not funny enough to laugh about. It's more of an alternative response to "That's ironic!"

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Sorry; I got annoyed when someone was using that pwnd thing, and I admit I am also tired of text language.

If people flame me, so be it. I was just frustrated. I just don't understand the whole text language thing and well, it does annoy me a lot. I had to vent. Flame if you wish, I just don't care, because life is too short to worry about what people think.

WildThing121675
    That wasn't a flame I simply stated a contrasting opion to your own. (and explained pwned)

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I guess you need this if you come across it again: The AOLer Translator
    ITS MOR3 LIEKLEY W3D NED TEH OPOSIET TRANSLA2R.!11!1!1!1!!!1!1 OMG WTF ALTHOUGH I DONT KNOW IF IT AXISTS!!!11!1 OMG WTF

automatically translated from:
    It's more likely we'd need the "opposite" translator... although I don't know if it exists!

(that page is quite funny indeed)

I don't mind the occasional LOL or BRB...it's the people who use actual 'txt spk' in the forums that bothers me most.

"hi h r u im f9 cu l8r" is just not acceptable to me!

Sure I can understand it...but this is not an SMS...put a little effort into it! I don't even talk like that in an SMS! I type out every word (sure it means some of my messages are 2 or 3 messages long, but better that than being misunderstood!).