Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Being Single as an AB

Default Being Single as an AB

I would guess... that at least all the TB's are single and probably another good portion of the other categories are also single. To get where I am going with this post, I kinda want to give some background...

I went back to my home state and to my parents' home for 2 1/2 weeks for Christmas. It was a great visit... but the baby within me suffered. I consider myself normally to be in between the ages of 18 months - 2 years; however, I had regressed a good bit because of the lack of attention.

This week, I have been about 9 months. I have been wetting my diaper and not doing much except baby stuff. When I am older, I at least make it to the potty most of the time.

Well... now this is what I want to know... how is it for you as a single AB... how do you find ways to make it feel as if someone is caring for you when they are not?

One of my Christmas presents was the "Total Pillow as Seen on TV" I was told it had all sorts of uses... to be used for comfort of the back, neck and knees...

well it has helped me in my babiness also... I can use it for a bottle prop... or a bottle holder so I don't freeze my hands if I'm drinking something cold...
    I can use it by placing it on the back part of my couch and pretending its mommy's "bosom" and snuggling up underneath it...
    I can also take my paci and suck hard against it pretending I'm getting breast milk... although its not the same, I'm sure...

This week... I really wanted to try to suckle from a breast... but then I don't know that I'd ever really try that... but the total pillow has helped relieve that need some...

so again... how do you help and does anyone else have any great ideas for home objects that help soothe you?

Personally (and this is gonna sound a little crazy) I 'talk' to myself. Usually not out loud...but in my head, I'll be telling myself 'Ok baby, now go do this,' or 'Gonna put onna diapee? Huh?'...basically the things my Mama tells me when I'm with her that make me feel cute and tiny.

I also find vocalising itself to be helpful too. Just hearing my voice all babyish an' ickle makes me feel like I *am* a cute little girl. If you feel weird talking 'out loud' you could do it to a plushie :p or who says it has to be talking at all? Really little babies babble and coo, why not try doing that? X3

Being single is mostly about freedom for me - you can do anything you want, whenever you want. Of course I would have a girlfriend, but I'm not really searching for anybody - I want to be as free soul as long as possible ;-)
    I can't find it now, but once I saw a graph depicting your freedom on a graph as a function of your age and status - the part where you're single and a student, that's when you have the most freedom ever. When you get married and have children - you're stuck with it for the rest of your life, or until you become a widow/widower. Then you have the same freedom as you had when you were a single student, but you're old and can't do everything you could.

The moral is; stay single while you can!

I've got a really good imagination.

And as freaky as this is going to sound, part of myself is the youngster, and the other part is the caretaker. ... And yeah...it even sounds kind of freaky to me. But it works for me...I even read books out loud in a different voice for bedtime. I'm partway through reading the second book in the How To Train Your Dragon series.

I talk to myself in that different voice, too. And little me has a different voice.

And you know, maybe I am a little crazy...I caught myself having an argument the other day because caretaker me wanted little me to pick up the dirty PJ's off the floor and little me didn't want to.

OK...and now that I've convinced you all that I'm thoroughly cracked in the head I'm going to go off...I do swear though that I'm mostly harmless.

Really little babies babble and coo, why not try doing that?
    Oh I definitely talk to myself... I am not looking for ways to comfort myself... just wondered how others comforted and took care of themselves!

I plan to be single forever. I am not looking for a mate at all. I just wonder what single people when they have no one else to take care of themselves. I mean my dreams and fantasies are having a caregiver for the day... or being at a daycare for a day. And even though I think it would be interesting, at times, to mimic sucking on a breast, I honestly don't know that I could do that. First of all, I am female and I have nothing against couples of same sex but I do not find it attracting to me; however, I tend to relate better to other women and bond to them better.

But as for me and my household (me, myself, and I) at this point, I plan to be single forever!

I'm probably also going to be single forever, or have a string of relationships that don't work. =/ I don't relationship well. Partly because of the AB/DL thing, partly due to depression, and partly being a little unreasonable about a few things.

As far as caring for myself, I spend a lot of time rocking myself. The rocking motion is extremely soothing. At the moment I'm having anxiety about the start of a new semester, so have to do quite a bit of care for my little self. (I throw mini fits in my head. "I don't wannaaaa go back to schooooolll....." ) I've never been great about self soothing though. =p Soooo, I spend a great deal of time just rocking myself and playing soothing baby-ish music.

I use pillows too, one at my head and one behind me, that way it feels more secure... and admittedly like someone else is there. =x God that sounds lame. O.o I've dated a lot, but no one knew about the ABDL side of me... So I am dateable, just ABDL and depression is a deal breaker. The depression usually kills the relationship before I even get to mentioning the ABDL stuff... Sooo, yeah. A lot of rocking and pretending someone cares. -_- That's a little overly melodramatic. XD But yeah, pretending someone cares for the little part of me.

Quote Originally Posted by kabom View Post
    When you get married and have children - you're stuck with it for the rest of your life, or until you become a widow/widower.

I think that's an awful way to look at it. Getting married shows how devoted you are to a loved one, and having children shows the pride you have in both your family and your husband's/wife's. While I am not at all ready to get married or start a family, it is something I look forward to in the future.

I don't relationship well. Partly because of the AB/DL thing, partly due to depression,... I throw mini fits in my head. "I don't wannaaaa go back to schooooolll....."
    I can relate... I had much abuse and trauma as an infant (and rest of my life) so I can relate to depression and I also have PTSD and... my biggest fear is being abandoned... so I tend to over-attach to people which makes them want to run away...

I throw fits in my mind too... and I don't wanna go back to schoool eitherrrrrrrrrrrrr...
    Also, I have a friend online who is my mommy in a chat box and I throw my fits with her often... of course, a spanking usually follows that but it helps me!!!!

Pillows are great! This total pillow is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    I've got a really good imagination.

And as freaky as this is going to sound, part of myself is the youngster, and the other part is the caretaker. ... And yeah...it even sounds kind of freaky to me. But it works for me...I even read books out loud in a different voice for bedtime. I'm partway through reading the second book in the How To Train Your Dragon series.

I talk to myself in that different voice, too. And little me has a different voice.

And you know, maybe I am a little crazy...I caught myself having an argument the other day because caretaker me wanted little me to pick up the dirty PJ's off the floor and little me didn't want to.

OK...and now that I've convinced you all that I'm thoroughly cracked in the head I'm going to go off...I do swear though that I'm mostly harmless.
    I do this too, I'm a caretaker at heart but with no baby/partner to look after and my DL self to indulge I'll spend an hour getting ready to be an AB and then my younger self hating having to be reduced from 6 or 7 years old to a toddler even if it means I get to use my paci in the day, at least tat's how it is when I have to be strict about my adult side

Quote Originally Posted by maddie212 View Post
    I throw fits in my mind too... and I don't wanna go back to schoool eitherrrrrrrrrrrrr...
    Also, I have a friend online who is my mommy in a chat box and I throw my fits with her often... of course, a spanking usually follows that but it helps me!!!!
    I throw the *worst* mental fits over going back to school. Today's my first day back and I threw all sorts of little mental fits, and will continue to do so. XD I don't think a spanking would dissuade me from my whining and fit throwing. It's cool that you have an online mommy to do that. ^.^ That's neat!