Thread: Friendly Advice When Wearing

Default Friendly Advice When Wearing

I found out when wearing for the last couple of years that you always get some good sides / bad sides when wearing a nappy/diaper, in other words yes you will get nappy/diaper rash so if you don't change much make sure to use cream to protect yourself but the worst thing I did not like and ended up in hosptel (dont want to scare people) was getting a water infection and believe you and me you don't want that ! because when wearing always a wet nappy/diaper for a long time and don't change that you can get a water infection which I know when you do it can be very painful and may lead to going in the hosptel because I was in there for some hours which I was on a bed in a nappy/diaper and just wearing a bed gown that it was agers until the meds worked on me but finally when they did it was better but at least the good news they told me saying due to wearing a nappy/diaper you can sometimes get a infection in your water.. so please beware of this.

I've never heard of a "water infection". (and neither has wikipedia) Besides that nurse where have you heard about this?

In your water?

Do you mean a Urinary Tract Infection maybe?

crazykittensmile

Yeah, I believe a 'water infection' is a kind of slang term for a Urinary Tract Infection or general bladder infection. My mother used to be a nurse at a Urology hospital in London, Uk, and she has referred to UTIs as water infections before. Perhaps it is a strange nurse thing.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    Yeah, I believe a 'water infection' is a kind of slang term for a Urinary Tract Infection or general bladder infection. My mother used to be a nurse at a Urology hospital in London, Uk, and she has referred to UTIs as water infections before. Perhaps it is a strange nurse thing.
    That's kind of what I thought. I've heard older people refer to people who had trouble urinating as having 'trouble letting out their water', so I kind of made the connection with that.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    That's kind of what I thought. I've heard older people refer to people who had trouble urinating as having 'trouble letting out their water', so I kind of made the connection with that.
    Yes, I would imagine that years ago when people may have been less comfortable with referring to having infections in the bladder/urinary tract etc explicitly it was probably referred to as a 'water infection' to avoid having to mention the area of the infection. Several decades ago it probably would have been seen as impolite or embarrassing for some people to refer to their bladder etc.