Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010

Default Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010

Hot Pursuit goes back to the Need for Speed series' roots and takes on the gameplay style of earlier "Hot Pursuit" titles in the Need for Speed franchise with exotic cars and high-speed police chases. It is primarily inspired by the original Need for Speed on 3DO.[citation needed] Hot Pursuit lets players be either a cop or a racer and features a full career mode for both roles. The relationship between the cops and racers is described as "a dog chasing down a rabbit", with the cops being more powerful compared to the racers. Each side has several power-ups including calling for roadblocks and radar jamming.

The game takes place in fictional location known as Seacrest County. It's an open world and features over 100 miles (160 km) of open road, four times larger than that of Burnout Paradise, Criterion's previous title. According to Criterion the single-player section is somewhere between 12–15 hours long, but with lots of replay value. Hot Pursuit also features a new social interaction system called "Autolog" described as "Facebook for the game". The game features both single-player and multiplayer game modes with up to eight players; as an option to live multiplayer racing, players can post records and achievements on the Autolog feed for friends to see, which they then can try to beat. Autolog also contains an experience system called "Bounty". Players can also add custom soundtracks to the game.

The driving model of the game is described as "fun and accessible", not as arcade-styled as Burnout Paradise, but far from a simulator. All vehicles in Hot Pursuit are licensed real-world cars and SUVs, described as "all the cars you dreamed of driving, in the way you dreamed of driving them". Most vehicles are available in both racer and police variants, but a few are exclusive to each side. Also exclusively featured in the Hot Pursuit is the Porsche 918 Spyder. Ferrari however, last seen in a Shift DLC-pack but notably absent from all other Need for Speed games since Hot Pursuit 2, is also absent from Hot Pursuit.

More information about the game: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010 video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This game is rely good. I have it on PS3 and i must say it is the best Need for speed game the have made.

I have always been a fan of the Need for Speed series, dating back to Underground. But I never really went further than Carbon.
    I might actually get this game after seeing that trailer. It looks like awesomeness!

I've got that its awesome. Although i prefer Most Wanted. Games seem to be so easy these days. But i do love how its more movie-like. Not sure if im allowed to post this here but i made some pretty cool Hot Pursuit videos on YT: YouTube - Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Gameplay: BMW M3 that shows how easy the car handling really is but its still an awesome game

The game is way to easy i bet its just going to be just like most wanted easy to beat and repetitive that is way i am still deciding on getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemans View Post
    The game is way to easy i bet its just going to be just like most wanted easy to beat and repetitive that is way i am still deciding on getting it.
    Easy i think it is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    Easy i think it is hard.
    Most Wanted was a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDaniel View Post
    Most Wanted was a lot harder
    Most wanted was easy. It is harder than some games but its still easy. Its been awhile since i played it but I have had 150 cops on me plus like 5 helis in one round and i still beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    I'll wait until it's $30 on Steam and on sale.
    It was on sale for about 20 bucks a week ago. You missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by cavemans View Post
    Most wanted was easy. It is harder than some games but its still easy. Its been awhile since i played it but I have had 150 cops on me plus like 5 helis in one round and i still beat it.
    How can you have this match? Are you thinking about the right game?